Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

Anonnymitet and digitalsoapbox you guys are right, i should be a little more thankfull for having the Steam4C2 plugin, tecnically it works just fine and have an awesome consumer support. But i'll always rather have native features, for some obvious reasons.

And thank you, Anonnymitet! The feedback on Pinkman have been really satisfying in my opinion. Your game have a lot of good reviews too, i'll definitely give it a try!

digitalsoapbox Sombrero is awesome too! I've been following your YouTube channel for a while, because one of my dreams is to learn the to use the multiplayer plugin haha.

Ashley that's awesome! I'll do few tests right now, thank you!

So I finally got the overlay to show up, but once it does it's not responsive to any clicks, it seems like the game is still in focus and it's receiving the keyboard input instead of the steam overlay, pressing shift+tab doesn't close it.

I remembered the Big Roundup post mentioned adding --in-process-gpu if the overlay is not showing, though it did show I thought giving it a try and it works.

Ashley did it work for you without it? you might want to add it to your installation instructions.

Also it seems to work for me with badpad.exe and not just nw.exe, is there something specific I need to test that might not work and come back to bite me in the ass later?, or if it's showing up then it's all good?

Anonnymitet and digitalsoapbox you guys are right, i should be a little more thankfull for having the Steam4C2 plugin, tecnically it works just fine and have an awesome consumer support. But i'll always rather have native features, for some obvious reasons.

digitalsoapbox Sombrero is awesome too! I've been following your YouTube channel for a while, because one of my dreams is to learn the to use the multiplayer plugin haha.

It's not native support either way...the Greenworks plugin is based upon 3rd-party code, same as Steam4C2. The main difference is Steam4C2 has significantly more features, and actually works.

I use Photon for Sombrero's online play - it's not limited to specific platforms like the multiplayer implementation in the native C2 plugin.

great updated!

Does this plugin will add any actions & conditions for the leaderboard or steamcloud in future?

digitalsoapbox i never said that it's, i just said that i rather have native support. And let's be honest, something coming from Ashley which is the Scirra founder, is way closer to be considered native than a third party plugin, even if this third party plugin works well.

Photon? Like in Unity? That's really cool, i'll do some research about it. Thanks!

digitalsoapbox i never said that it's, i just said that i rather have native support. And let's be honest, something coming from Ashley which is the Scirra founder, is way closer to be considered native than a third party plugin, even if this third party plugin works well.

Photon? Like in Unity? That's really cool, i'll do some research about it. Thanks!

I think you're missing what I'm saying - it wouldn't be "native" either way, regardless of who makes it, because it's just a port of someone else's work. Currently, one of those ports works. The other does not. If by "native" you mean "free," that's a different issue, and I don't know about you but I'd rather have a plugin that's well-supported, even if it costs money, because the entire point of including Steam support is, to me, to make money on Steam. I think there's a saying about that, and if we look at any other game engine software, plugins which add major features cost money - whether that's Unreal, Unity, C2, Gamemaker, etc.

I think what he meant was that even when porting you can do fishy things, intentionally or not, not to mention support and maintenance for the long term, official plugins are always safer than 3rd party, I've seen more than once that bug reports were dismissed because of 3rd party plugins.

Now, if it was somehow officially supported by scirra as a trusted plugin, where they have a contract between them that makes sure the plugin will be supported and updated, that would be more reassuring.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

digitalsoapbox Mr. Lof, you absolutely understood my point. Theres no need to talk anymore.

Hi! Does the latest Greenworks plugin (updated 20th January 2017) work with both 32 & 64 bit Windows? And what about Linux and macOS?

It should work on all platforms, yes. Have you tried it?

It should work on all platforms, yes. Have you tried it?

Nope, i hadn't tried Linux and MacOS yet, but using new Greenworks + NW.js 0.19.4 + Steamworks SDK 1.38a for Windows builds fixes that problem with focus:

And it's just awesome, thank you.

It wouldn't work for me but my issue was that I had sdk version 136 ^^' . Update your SDK before posting bugs guys!

Problem, guys: when I set "browser - request fullscreen" to "cancel fullscreen" (in the options of my game) the game freezes. I can hear the sounds and music, but everything else is not displayed. Here's the record, take a look please: https://youtu.be/MvEbEcO__e4?t=36

It happening on exported nw.exe game. I'm using latest Greenworks + NW.js 0.19.4 + Steamworks SDK 1.38a.

Problem, guys: when I set "browser - request fullscreen" to "cancel fullscreen" (in the options of my game) the game freezes. I can hear the sounds and music, but everything else is not displayed. Here's the record, take a look please: https://youtu.be/MvEbEcO__e4?t=36

It happening on exported nw.exe game. I'm using latest Greenworks + NW.js 0.19.4 + Steamworks SDK 1.38a.

Problem solved by disabling "Kiosk mode" on export.

When will it be released for construct 3?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)