Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

Edit: I had to use the API name. I got it to work. Thanks a bunch for this!!

Thanks, I edited the parameter description to say it's the API name required. (Not sure when I'll do a plugin update though, seems kind of a small change)

Greenworks currently supports Steam Cloud, Steam Achievement and Workshop synchronization related methods.

Ashley is the Steam Cloud on your todo list? I'm wondering if this is something that is usable with multiplayer plugin, from saving game data to store their purchase. If it sounds somewhat logical to do, this would make multiplayer games to be able to be produced fully in C2, if published to steam that is.

DuckfaceNinja - I don't think Steam Cloud has much to do with multiplayer. It looks like just a simple way to sync small files between different computers which are logged in to the same Steam account. I'll add support for any extra Steam features I can though.

Alright that make sense. I'm thinking of making use the steam cloud to save player's game replay files, chat logs, their custom avatar for the game (not too sure about this though ) and possibly some decoration for their own eyes only.

DuckfaceNinja

Doesn't Steam Cloud work by itself? I thought you just had to set which files you wanted to sync with the cloud and Steam would do the work.

For instance my game uses .json files as save files, so on the Steam Cloud tab I just set it to sync every .json file on my game folder. I haven't tested it properly yet but I think it should work?

DuckfaceNinja

Doesn't Steam Cloud work by itself? I thought you just had to set which files you wanted to sync with the cloud and Steam would do the work.

For instance my game uses .json files as save files, so on the Steam Cloud tab I just set it to sync every .json file on my game folder. I haven't tested it properly yet but I think it should work?

Well I haven't look deep into Steam Cloud yet, I'm just speculating on how it would work, my project is not at the stage which allows me to start playing around with steam. For now I'm researching on how I can make use steam cloud as a part of the game itself and see what kind of possibilities I can get from it, kind of like this if C2 is going towards similar functionality.

Good to know that we can do that through Steam Cloud tab.

Oh wow awesome!

I'm curious. What is the typical process of taking an API like steam and integrating it through JavaScript into a plugin which construct 2 can interface with?

Hey everyone, We have now officially released Greenworks v0.3. This rewrite took some major effort and was largely triggered by the requests from this community. I'm glad to see that the result is very positive. (@Ashley You can get the latest binaries from github)

So far, the development of Greenworks is 100% funded by Greenheart Games. If Greenworks helps your project, we'd appreciate your support. Please consider donating to our fundraiser. Many thanks.

(EDIT: I don't seem to be allowed to post links. Please see github.com /greenheartgames/greenworks for details).

Here is a direct link where you can donate to greenheart: https://pledgie.com/campaigns/27218

Much, much deserved if you ask me : )

Edit: done. Thanks again, and again, for what you've done with Greenworks.

-------------------------------------

Hey everyone, if you're glad this plugin exists, and if you want it to be updated, please consider donating to the people who made it for us : )

greenheartgames: "Greenworks 0.3 was a direct reaction to the requests from the community and not motivated by our own needs. "

Only five people did, which is very low. If you can, this sounds like a nice thing to do to thank them!

https://pledgie.com/campaigns/27218

-------------------------------------

donated

Thank you Ashley

Confirmed! The nw.exe thing is a bummer but I will not complain. Seems to be a node-webkit bug anyways ;P

Amazing news! Does this help with missing Steam overlay or is that a separate node-webkit issue?

Edit:

For anyone else OCD about the plugin icons in C2, here's a temporary icon for you until it gets an official one.

Download here

Hey Ashley this is awesome news! Thanks so much for working on this.

Hoping you might be able to troubleshoot a bit here -- when we try to implement this in our game, we get a node-webkit ascii message instead of the game launching. This is with zero actual 'greenworks' code in the game (just the plug-in installed and the object created).

Note:

-A completely new/blank project works fine so the computer seems okay

-Going through the full game files and disabling all the custom plugins doesn't fix the problem

Currently trying to delete large blocks of code to see if we can identify anything

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

AvidlyWildGames - did you follow *every* step in the OP including the fact the executable must be named exactly "nw.exe"?

good to know this is already working!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)