Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

I tested NW12 awhile back, it ran a bit faster than 10.5 (lower CPU usage) but it didn't feel as smooth after playing for a longer period.

NW12 [...]it didn't feel as smooth after playing for a longer period.

meaning there was jank or GC hiccups? last I heard people were still on 10.5 for Steam, has this changed?

MadSpy Awesome work! I hope your hard work will be validated....people should credit you in their games!

I don't know the cause of it, but 10.5 is still good for Steam so its what we've been using.

Would be nice to move to later Chromium though, there's some performance improvements.

pending the Ashley's reply, the plugin is finished (if Ashley reply yes it's already done) and have the following basics features:

- support NW12.0

- support steam SDK 134

- works on win32

- works on win64

- the black screen issue is solved

- condition "steam is available" works

- "active achievement" action works

currently working on advanced version with the follwings features:

- added condition trigger "onclearachievementsuccess" -> DONE

- added condition trigger "onclearachievementerror" -> DONE

- added action "clearAchievement" -> DONE

- added condition "isCloudenabled" -> DONE

- change condition "issteamoverlayavailable" -> DONE

- added condition "isCloudforUserenabled" -> DONE

todo: add "getNumberOfAchievements" expression

Sounds awesome MadSpy we're really in desperate need of a working greenworks plugin, hopefully Ashley will approve this asap.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I have been following the chromium issue 422000, where v38 was reported as busting vsync. The Google engineer post made yesterday: [quote:1m21dlhp]We have landed a bunch of changes which fix things around this area but to fundamentally get this totally finished we need the following things fixed / finished;

* (done) Actually use the time from BeginFrame information rather than random "Now()" value.

* (in progress) Unified Begin Frame (make all renderers using the same single source and enable filtering)

* (in progress) Display Scheduler (provide better scheduling of frames)

* (unstarted) Back pressure API which means we cleanly drop to 30 fps (see discussion on scheduler dev mailing list).

* (unstarted) Get better sources of vsync information on individual platforms (see proposal about how to get a really good vsync value on Windows).

We also need to come up with better testing and metrics to prevent any regressions of this problem in the future. I've been discussing with the ChromeOS and input latency testing group on how we can reuse their work to also measure the actual real world experience people are getting.

In summary, "Some progress but still lots to do. We want to solve this properly and for good."

Which means we still have a long wait for a fully fixed version of NW to come out. NW v12.0 seems very good if not perfect, so this plugin is well timed and sounds excellent. MadSpy is using the delay in receiving a response from Scirra to add even more features, so I have mixed feelings about them taking back ownership! :p

there's 12.3 out and 13.0 is alpha atm

Just interested if any of the mods have any idea on whether or not 's modified version of this plugin should be made publicly available...?

Just interested if any of the mods have any idea on whether or not 's modified version of this plugin should be made publicly available...?

The silence makes me feel like Scirra is already working on something bigger and better. Well, that or it is going to be an exclusive for Construct 3.

The silence makes me feel like Scirra is already working on something bigger and better. Well, that or it is going to be an exclusive for Construct 3.

I admire your optimism . I suspect that with this plugin being a year in beta, the best place for its upkeep is within the community.

I think Ashley should say something one way or another as it seems a few of us are at a point where we need this plugin.

I agree it would be nice to have some official info from Scirra about this issue - people are already asking why our game does not have the Steam overlay implemented, and I'm sure this is the case of many others here. Ashley, could you please shed some light on this?

I just tested MadSpys latest plugin update and he now has it working with both NW12 and 10.5 if people prefers that older version with the 134 steam sdk. But NW12 works great for me without any problems and all important steam features. He really puts a lot of time and effort into this so I really thinks he deserves some kind of response here.

Having an up to date steam plugin is the most important thing for a game engine. Without steam support = no serious game developers.

"Without steam support = no serious game developers".

Are you for real?

Hi,

After having had some discussions and afterthought, I finaly worked on greenworks by greenheartgames source and rebuilded node file.(and a new plugin)

So I already have for the moment:

• a plugin for NW10.5 with SDK134 with the following (basics) features:

* is steam available

* is steam overlay available

* get SteamID

* get Screen Name (of user)

* get Steam user level

* show overlay page "..."

* Action Activate achievement "name"

** condition activate achievement success

** condition activate achievement error

all this feature work as intended.

# currently working on the feature already added in NW12 version.

• a plugin for NW12.0 with SDK134 with the following features:

* all previous features

* is cloud enabled for the game

* is cloud enabled/allowed for steam by user

* get number of achievements

* action clear/reset achievements (by name)

** condition clear/reset achievement success

** condition clear/reset achievement error

# currently added but not tested:

* condition is valid account

* get Language of the game

* get language of the steam UI

# currently working on:

* adding steam leaderboard

*adding steam worshop function

In the same time, I'm working on a way to avoid steam emulator and cracked steam game.

I think I will create a new thread for a new plugin for Steam support soon.

He really puts a lot of time and effort into this so I really thinks he deserves some kind of response here.

+1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)