Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

Awesome, thanks so much for the guide! Game seems to export fine with achievements although video plugin (webm/ogv/mp4) refuses to work in NW10.5 (not exactly greenworks related, although another good reason to get greenworks working with a later version of NW)

Also, can you clarify -- what do you mean you got 64 bit version and Mac/Linux working via that method? It seems to explicitly state that 64 bit wouldn't work. (And if you have the latest Mac/Linux files that I could copy and paste into the requisite folder, we'd be ever so grateful to test if it'll work for our game.. we've been struggling to get Mac/Linux working given the high number of objects/files read in.. read somewhere it was a 500 object/file count limit)

thanks Ashley I testing!!!! n.n

I'm thinking I'll need to roll back to an earlier version of C2 so I can use the plug in. If I uninstall C2 would that have any affect on my projects as well?

So, I dug through my emails and found some older C2 versions I never downloaded and popped in 184. I was able to drag and drop the older greenworks plug in, restarted C2 and started adding achievements to the game. Unfortunately at this time I have to get to work so I want to experiment with this when I get home and let everyone know my findings.

Forgive the bump:

I reverted back to c187. Installed greenworks 0.4.0 addon. Downside to the plug in is that I can't test the game in Node Webkit from C2 anymore, I have to export it and rework it to open from the Steam client.

Now for my next question. Not sure if its breaking NDA for asking, so feel free to PM me if you have an answer. Some folks a few pages back have real achievements with custom images on said achievement in their posts so I'm assuming you have to upload your game to Steam or "app data" and edit each achievement to get them to show correct? After some issues I was able to get the game to run on my own client but nothing was popping up. So my guess is that's what I should do.

Also, there is no way to rename the game once you submit it is there, it's going to show up as "nw" when other people play it?

Sorry for the questions.

Forgive the bump:

I reverted back to c187. Installed greenworks 0.4.0 addon. Downside to the plug in is that I can't test the game in Node Webkit from C2 anymore, I have to export it and rework it to open from the Steam client.

Now for my next question. Not sure if its breaking NDA for asking, so feel free to PM me if you have an answer. Some folks a few pages back have real achievements with custom images on said achievement in their posts so I'm assuming you have to upload your game to Steam or "app data" and edit each achievement to get them to show correct? After some issues I was able to get the game to run on my own client but nothing was popping up. So my guess is that's what I should do.

Also, there is no way to rename the game once you submit it is there, it's going to show up as "nw" when other people play it?

Sorry for the questions.

195 works too, just be sure to have the 10.5 installed(nodewebkit).

Achievements wont be visible on store pages, or other users, until you release the game, you will see them when playing on steam since you are the developer. As for implementation read the Steam guide for achievements, its quite easy, 2 type of images, name and some id to call them with the game. But first get yourself acquainted with steam pipe system(depots, build, test environment).

Dont worry about the nw.exe, as long as you use steam, the shortcuts and everything will show the name of the game, not nw.exe

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Why are people reverting back to older c2 versions? I am still using the latest version and it works fine with nw 10.5? Am I missing something?

Anonnymitet Yep, with your help we've got it working on the latest version as well! Thanks so much. Although not quite yet for Mac+Linux if you have advice there.

Ideally we'd like to use a later version of NW so it works with webm videos.. maybe when we get C3?

AvidlyWildGames Hehe good to hear. I can't take any credits though. I just linked a great guide made by other C2 users. So all cred to them I haven't released anything yet to linux and mac. But I'm working on it. So I'll tell you if I get it to work.

This info in this thread is gold - it should be installed in a wiki page.... Maybe? I wish that scirra would enable an addendum to the manual to that effect - run/edited by members of the community for the community. In fact, that gives me an idea!!

Does anyone know the steps to get the 10.5 version working for Steam on Mac/Linux? The steps provided in this thread only seem to apply to Windows, and the app crashes when I try it on mac.

cc Aurel

Speaking of crashing, my game seems to crash on nw preview due to the presence of the Greenworks plugin. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

Once you have Greenworks in, I don't think you can use preview anymore. It's annoying but if you only call the plugin via a single function to apply the achievement, you can make the swap over to release mode fairly quickly.

Why are people reverting back to older c2 versions? I am still using the latest version and it works fine with nw 10.5? Am I missing something?

Well, I thought I had to since I've assumed the later versions came with Node Webkit 11+. Spent what few hours I had this week troubleshooting NW giving me errors and reinstalled C2, greenworks 3.0, NW10 for C2 and used the tutorial to roll back to 190 files just to get the game working again.

The game even launches off of steam now, which it wasn't before. I think It had to do with still having the latest version of greenworks in which I thought I kept reinstalling the older version but I had to do a clean wipe of the programs listed above.

This whole process is still new to me, but I'm getting the hang of working steampipe As for achievements: I'm still not getting them to pop up as I'm playing on the client.

In C2, the achievement is in " " and I did the same in the API, perhaps there is a step I missed?

EDIT: Ooh! So when entering the name under the API text box, I took away the " " on the name and viola!!

Does anyone know the steps to get the 10.5 version working for Steam on Mac/Linux? The steps provided in this thread only seem to apply to Windows, and the app crashes when I try it on mac.

cc Aurel

Speaking of crashing, my game seems to crash on nw preview due to the presence of the Greenworks plugin. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

Thats normal, there is no other way around it at the moment, since it looks for steam_api.dll.

As for Mac and Linux, at me they work, but cant access the steam overlay yet, even tho i copied the dll/linux files/mac file in the nw package.

On Mac be sure you have the correct permission for the app(sometimes it changes when copying from pc to mac, it depends on the service, i usually just upload it online NOT DROPBOX compressed and just download it on the mac), on linux be sure that the executable file on properties is permitted to be executable and open a terminal and drag drop the file to see if it asks for libdev or other libraries.

Also remember if you are testing on a Steam branch, go to steamworks > installation and make launcher tabs for each platform.

Aurel Aurel and 80bit what is your process for Mac and Linux to have steam overlay on? Copy the steam file in the package, and steam_appid.txt where? So far i tested in beta branch, but i dont think it matters.

Lated edit: I believe its because of SDK again, ffs. I need to find 1.30 SDK since Greenworks 0.4 was made to work with that...

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)