Drop frame after some time of gameplay

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • It's really hard to say. Is the game still slow if you start the game over?

No. When I restart, independently of which level, it starts smooth again.

Do you use effects or particles, maybe only in this level?

No. The levels (layouts) has the same mechanics.

Do you get any errors in the console (F12) in NWjs?

I'll check it out

• Start your Game or make a preview in NWjs. Press F12, Click on the Tab Console. Type process.versions['node-webkit'] and press return.

That's way too complicated. Just right-click "nw.dll", and then check out the product version under "details", inside the application properties.

I've tested with other people. This phenomenum doenst happen with VERY STRONG processors, like 3.0 Ghz...

If you can find the cause for this and provide a minimal project for reproduction, I will report it to the NWjs team for you.

Pretty much adding to what Asmodean said:

• Press F12 and check for console errors
    • If you got any 3rd party plugins, try testing without them
    • Update to the latest stable version of Construct 2
  • TheRealDannyyy I'll reproduct the problem and send you.

There's no console errors, only this warning:

"[Deprecation] Custom cursors with size greater than 32x32 DIP intersecting native UI is deprecated and will be removed in M75, around June 2019. See chromestatus.com/features/5825971391299584 for more details."

I dont think cursor size is the cause.

I have no plugins installed. I'll try to install last stable version of C2 now.

• gabmusic You get the slowdowns really only in Nwjs? Only in the exported game or also if you make a preview in NWjs?

• Asmodean Well, I even didnt know it was possible to preview on nwjs. I use Firefox, is there a problem? When I set the default preview browser to nwjs it opens a Firefox tab. Is that right?

By the way, when I preview it on Firefox, it runs smooth and keeps smooth. I'm almost sure that it only gets slower on nwjs application.

• Guys,

do you think it's possible to publish a game on Steam in another format than nwjs, like HTML5 (assuming if I couldnt solve my problem)?

• Guys,

do you think it's possible to publish a game on Steam in another format than nwjs, like HTML5 (assuming if I couldnt solve my problem)?

It has to be an executable, they have no HTML5 embedding. There is a community project for Electron support but that's very experimental and you have to take the risk of using it and any possible new issues that come with it yourself.

No need to panic anyway, just delay your game if stuff doesn't work out.

• TheRealDannyyy Thanks for calming me down.

I'll check this Electron application out. Could you tell me more about it?

Anyway, I need to keep this topic alive to see new suggestions. I can't just give up of nwjs.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • TheRealDannyyy Thanks for calming me down.

I'll check this Electron application out. Could you tell me more about it?

Anyway, I need to keep this topic alive to see new suggestions. I can't just give up of nwjs.

You have to ask Armaldio about it, I'm just a tester.

Here is his Discord: discord.gg/dpPMUmX

• Thanks for everything, Danny!

• TheRealDannyyy I dont know why, but I can't join the server.

Does Electron export a .exe that may be uploaded on Steam?

• TheRealDannyyy I dont know why, but I can't join the server.

Does Electron export a .exe that may be uploaded on Steam?

Join the Construct Community and try to tag him instead. (@Armaldio)

Yes, it's the same as NWjs but a different process since it's not officially supported.

• TheRealDannyyy Thank's again...

I'm reading and trying to build the app with Electron, but it's hard and it has a huge lack of information. Some download links are broken, etc... I'll call him on discord!

• TheRealDannyyy Thank's again...

I'm reading and trying to build the app with Electron, but it's hard and it has a huge lack of information. Some download links are broken, etc... I'll call him on discord!

Yeah I don't know how that works either. Don't expect any quick responses, everyone is kinda busy doing their thing.

Again, if you can find the cause, I'll do the report.

• TheRealDannyyy Btw, I'm trying to follow this tutorial:

construct.net/en/construct-2/addons/9/electron/documentation

But some links are broken. Do you know where I found "ElectronForC2"?

It's part of the tutorial installing it, but I cant find it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)