Drop frame after some time of gameplay

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hi! When I play my game it runs with full fps. When I get on lvl 3 or 4, the fps decreases. On lvl 6 or 7 it's almost unplayable, very very slow.

If I restart the game and continue from where I stopped, it is fast again. It seems to be clear that the problem is due to sometime playing (my processor get really warm).

I dont know why the layouts are always fast individually, but when I play then on a sequence, it gets very slow. The layout are independents!

Which are the probable causes of this issue?

If you want to see the game with your own eyes, play this demo: indiexpo.net/pt/games/josie-s-tank

Help me, this is kind of urgent! Thanks!

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My guess you don't destroy some objects. So they increase over time.

Start your game in debug-preview and look at the object count.

• Asmodean Thanks for your response. I'll check it now, but I have a question. Are'nt the layouts independents? How could a object persist existing between layouts?

• You can make your objects global. So they won't be destroyed at the end of a layout.

• Asmodean I think it's not my case. I run the debug and observed somethings:

The game run normally. It's getting clear for me that it only get slower on .nw application. Running on web doenst affect the fps.

Other obs:

my cpu ut. = average ~35%

objects count = doesnt increase

collision check = doenst increase

I have no idea why on .nw it doenst run as it run on web. I'm kind of desperate because the game will be released on Steam 18th and I need to update it.

• Asmodean I think it's not my case. I run the debug and observed somethings:

The game run normally. It's getting clear for me that it only get slower on .nw application. Running on web doenst affect the fps.

Other obs:

my cpu ut. = average ~35%

objects count = doesnt increase

collision check = doenst increase

I have no idea why on .nw it doenst run as it run on web. I'm kind of desperate because the game will be released on Steam 18th and I need to update it.

Very old NW.js releases have memory leaks and similar performance issues. If you use an old version, update it. (There is also nothing wrong with delaying a release, if your product isn't ready yet.)

• TheRealDannyyy thanks man, how do I update nw.js?

I didnt know it has versions.

• TheRealDannyyy

"C:\Program Files\NWjsForC2"

Is this folder?

How to update it?

• Here:

scirra.com/nwjs

• Asmodean Thanks! :D

I'll give some feedback soon.

• Asmodean Is there a way to know what's the my current version?

• Start your Game or make a preview in NWjs. Press F12, Click on the Tab Console. Type process.versions['node-webkit'] and press return.

• Asmodean The game is running with 0.37.0 (15th March 2019)

I've installed 0.40.1 and I have exported the game. I'll test it now, but I dont think this short period means a huge difference.

• Ok, results of installing newest version of nw.js

No improvement

The same thing happens: nw Cpu utilisation starts with ~19% and as long as I keep playing, it goes increasing. When it is ~48%, the game is VERY SLOW.

Some notes:

My processor is bad, it's 1.7 Ghz

I've tested with other people. This phenomenum doenst happen with VERY STRONG processors, like >3.0 Ghz.

This is a problem, most of computers are about 1.7 - 2.8 Ghz, and it happens with those people.

I think there's nothing wrong with coding optimization, once it runs normally on web (the problem is with nw.js)

Help me :'(

• It's really hard to say. Is the game still slow if you start the game over? Can you start directly in level 3 or 4? Is is still slow? Do you use effects or particles, maybe only in this level?

Do you get any errors in the console (F12) in NWjs?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)