Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

1 favourites
  • DonRIF

Thanks for letting me know about HTML5 apk builder, it's very easy and the performance is great.

Some days ago i tried exporting the game via intel XDK Crosswalk and the result is terrible, only ~10 fps.

Then i exported with cocoonjs and the game ran at 60 fps, but cocoonjs doesn't support pixel art properly.

• DonRIF Can you please post link to the HTML5 apk builder? How does it treat the plugins that we use? For example, I am using Cranyberrygame's Admob, Game (for Achievements ) and Googel analytic plugins. Will the HTML5 apk builder add them to the build?

• I get the best performance when I use the HTML5 APK Builder but I'm still trying to lock my orientation and play music in my game. Does anyone know how to do this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also can't play music in standard XDK - did anyone figure out what the issue is?

• I also can't play music in standard XDK - did anyone figure out what the issue is?

if android < 5.x = add media plugin for build

if android >= 5.x = no add media plugin

• nichekeys - thanks!

• Phonegap is also a great alternative if you add the Crosswalk webview on the config.xml file. A loooot faster than freakin XDK, almost broke my freakin PC because of the unexpected errors from nowhere and the slowness...

Don't forget to disable "Mouse" touch (put it to NO) on Phonegap.

• DonRIF is it really fast for android as well as iOS?

• Also, what is the exact line of code you'd add to the config file?

• nichekeys - an interesting thing that I noticed is that in xdk when I add the media plugin, it will play my game's looping song ONCE, then stop. Not sure what the issue is there...

• > I also can't play music in standard XDK - did anyone figure out what the issue is?

>

if android < 5.x = add media plugin for build

if android >= 5.x = no add media plugin

I managed to get my music to play on XDK by upgrading to CW15 (CLI5.1.1) Performance looks great too

• For the last 25 h I had to build with intelXDK and is taking very long to build. It shows the building waiting screen and after 10-15 minutes it does not show the build success + log, it shoes again the green "Build App Now" button, but this time is does not click (it changes color when hover, but accept that nothing else.) I think all this starting to happen after deleted some unused games using AppCenter. I will test some more, but t is really annoying , because I want to make some changes to my game and I want t make them one at the time, then build to test leaderboards and achievements. I will test some more, maybe is just something temporary, but at this hour in the morning (4 AM UK time) builds usually where faster. I use v 2548

• >

> > I also can't play music in standard XDK - did anyone figure out what the issue is?

> >

>

> if android < 5.x = add media plugin for build

> if android >= 5.x = no add media plugin

>

I managed to get my music to play on XDK by upgrading to CW15 (CLI5.1.1) Performance looks great too

how did you change cordova to CLI5.1.1 ?

• mahdi71

Under the XDK build setting you will see the option to switch to different CLI.

Will try to posts screenshot but its very visible if you goto the tab

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)