Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• fldr Iolva

THAAAAAANKS I'll do.

Have a nice weekend

• Does anyone knows if CJS supports AJAX and XML?

• Re. version number not changing on Cordova or Crosswalk builds using Intel XDK. There are two fields in the build settings for version. One is the "App Version", the other is the "App Version Code", lower down on the page. The "App Version Code" is where you need to update from "60000" by entering "60001" in this field. I had the same problem until someone at Intel pointed out to me the two different fields. Hopes this helps.

• Does anyone knows if CJS supports AJAX and XML?

Depending on the environment you want to use. The Webview+ supports it. However, Canvas+ does not.

Regards.

• I just uploaded my game to Google Play and it got 7173 devices supported

Here is the link » ROCK PAPER SCISSORS

• Has anybody ever managed to get video working in crosswalk? I gave up on this awhile back, but recently I noticed that video working in all the crosswalk shells posted by imaffett, which got my interest piqued again.

• I managed to get it to work.

I couldn't get anything to load from URL but I did get it to work by importing the video file into the project.

I left OGG and H.264 blank and just used a WebM video file. That works when compiled with Crosswalk.

• FredQ

Thanks for the feedback. You've given me a little hope.

At the time, I tried all three files types, but I could never get them to work on export. Previewed great in chrome, and works in the xwalk shells. What version of crosswalk did you build with? Was your WebM VP8/Vorbis or VP9/Opus?

I have a WebM version of the video I'm trying to play, so I'll give it another shot.

• I've found that it's pretty much impossible to have any sort of nice looking graphics at all on a 1gb ram device. Like it's not even the issue of performance at all (40 fps is playable). It's that it crashes and burns the moment it tries to load a large sprite sheet, no error or anything, app just up and quits...

That's been my experience testing on a couple of samsung 1gb devices. Tried on a nexus with 2gb, runs perfect.

Construct 2 estimated ram requiremenent for my game is ~200mb. Is there any way to see an estimation for ram requirement per layout?

• TiAm I built with Crosswalk 10, I've not tried it with 7 so I'm not sure if it works with that version and VLC Player tells me the video codec is VP8.

• Spidder you can see the per layout mem usage by testing in the debugger. and yeah its going to crash with that much memory being used 1gb Samsung devices don't actually have to much free ram as touch wiz takes up 600-800MB(stock android takes anywhere from 50-200) of ram on must devices leaving 200-400 free for apps

• I might be having problems similar to yours, notnsane, though it's hard to say.

My game uses the sprite object 'load image from URL'. The files are actually local to the project, a handful of imported jpgs. Everything works fine in C2. The images are found, loaded and rendered immediately when they should.

I export as Cordova and load the project into Intel XDK, where everything is present and the game runs fine and the images load on all the emulated devices I tried.

I build the apk and install on my S2 and Nexus 10. The images are never shown. No corruption or placeholders or anything, just an absence of the images where they should be clearly present.

This is my first project of maybe 200hrs; just bought the £80 C2 license (with intent to deploy to Android). Kinda pissed off (not that I hold C2 directly to blame (notwithstanding the absence of a native export-to-apk feature)).

Extra bit of history: at first the images didn't show in the XDK emulators either, just C2, but I tracked that issue down to how I was forming the URL for the images. In C2, using "\" to prefix the filename (as per many - though not all - standards) was handled properly. Intel XDK didn't like it. I do wonder if there's some sort of magic I need to wield, path/filename wise for the apk version.

• Hey guys, was wondering how updating a newer version of our game works? For me, I am planning to make my game with 50% of the levels done, than update it later with the rest of the levels. Is there any issues with crosswalk in terms of updating? I am worried that webstorage might be affected and reset everything. Anyone here with experience with this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey guys, was wondering how updating a newer version of our game works? For me, I am planning to make my game with 50% of the levels done, than update it later with the rest of the levels. Is there any issues with crosswalk in terms of updating? I am worried that webstorage might be affected and reset everything. Anyone here with experience with this?

Its super easy with crosswalk to update your games. Just remember to increase the version number in your buildsetting with one. Otherwise google Play wont accept it. Your webstorage is not going to be affected as long as the variables that you are saving are not changed in your project.

• DetteMan, thanks for that info! That is some peace of mind for me to continue my game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)