I might be having problems similar to yours, notnsane, though it's hard to say.
My game uses the sprite object 'load image from URL'. The files are actually local to the project, a handful of imported jpgs. Everything works fine in C2. The images are found, loaded and rendered immediately when they should.
I export as Cordova and load the project into Intel XDK, where everything is present and the game runs fine and the images load on all the emulated devices I tried.
I build the apk and install on my S2 and Nexus 10. The images are never shown. No corruption or placeholders or anything, just an absence of the images where they should be clearly present.
This is my first project of maybe 200hrs; just bought the £80 C2 license (with intent to deploy to Android). Kinda pissed off (not that I hold C2 directly to blame (notwithstanding the absence of a native export-to-apk feature)).
Extra bit of history: at first the images didn't show in the XDK emulators either, just C2, but I tracked that issue down to how I was forming the URL for the images. In C2, using "\" to prefix the filename (as per many - though not all - standards) was handled properly. Intel XDK didn't like it. I do wonder if there's some sort of magic I need to wield, path/filename wise for the apk version.