Hi everyone! Mathias from MP2 Games here.
We have started work on a port of a Construct game, so I'm happy to announce that there is now support for Construct 2/3 in Chowdren.
Chowdren is a blazingly fast runtime for Construct. It supports
- Desktop: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Consoles: Nintendo Switch, PS4, XB1, Wii U
- Handhelds: Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita
- Mobile: Android, Amazon Fire TV
- Web: HTML5 (Emscripten)
Chowdren automatically translates your events to C++, and uses a C++ runtime.
This means that you can expect significant speedups when using Chowdren for your game.
Chowdren also optimizes for several common usecases. An example of this is the use of the Function plugin, where "On function" directly translates to a function in C++.
Chowdren has been used for several games, such as
- Iconoclasts (Construct Classic, Nintendo Switch/PS4/PS Vita/Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Freedom Planet (Clickteam Fusion, Nintendo Switch/PS4/Wii U/Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Noitu Love: Devolution (Clickteam Fusion, Nintendo 3DS/Wii U)
- NOT A HERO (Clickteam Fusion, PS4/XB1/Windows/Mac/Linux/Amazon Fire TV)
- The Escapists (Clickteam Fusion, Mac/Linux)
- (and more...)
The list of supported behaviors/plugins can be found here:
Some of these are only partially implemented, but there should always be some degree of support.
We are actively working on expanding the number of supported features, but please see the Limitations section below.
MP2 Games offers a porting service, where we will use Chowdren to take your game all the way from caproj/capx to release on another platform.
We have years of experience porting Fusion and Construct games, and we can tailor Chowdren for your game.
If needed, we will do game-specific optimizations to make sure your game hits 60 FPS. We can also add features such as localization support, achievements, and perform changes that would be difficult to do from Construct.
Typically, the porting process is this:
- You give us a caproj/capx file, and we send you Windows builds for testing.
- Once the Windows build is free of issues, we bring the game to the target platform. If you have a devkit for the platform in question, we can send you builds for testing.
- When a build for the target platform is free of issues, with no gameplay or compliance issues left, we will send it to you so you can prepare it for submission.
During this, you can send us updated caproj/capx files, that's no problem at all.
We also offer a commercial license for Chowdren.
Unless you are an advanced user who is familiar with Construct internals, C++ and cross-platform development, this is not a good solution for you.
Please note that this license is meant for serious developers with a budget only.
Pricing & Contact
If you would like to discuss a potential port, or pricing for a commercial license, please get in touch at
If possible, include a short introduction and description of your game. We can sign an NDA if you would like to send us a demo or your project source.
Serious proposals only!
Chowdren only implements a limited subset of the Construct 2/3 runtimes.
That is, Chowdren is NOT a full or drop-in alternative to the standard Construct runtime.
Right now, the supported subset is large enough to run a few games, but it will most likely not work with your game out-of-the-box.
If you do not have a budget for porting, or if the standard runtime is good enough for your needs, Chowdren may not be a good solution for you.