C2 FOR MAC! how long it will take?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • hi guys! as the title says, how long it will take for us the users to get Construct 2 running o a mac without using any kind of virtualbox or installing windows, im a PC user but i have to move to work and i use a MacBook pro for that, using a virtualbox or parallel dekstop really make the device SLOW and i know Construct 3 is being worked but we wont know when we ever going to even see it, its been almost 1 year since the announcement of Construct 3 and in all these time we could just had an APPLE PORT for CONSTRUCT 2.

i want to know what u guys thinkg? lets just wait for Construct 3? or ask for a Port

• i want to know what u guys thinkg? lets just wait for Construct 3? or ask for a Port

Just my opinion - Pretty pointless question, really.

Ashley has already stated numerous times that his time is now focussed on C3 so asking for a Mac port is hardly a realistic probability.

• i want to know what u guys thinkg? lets just wait for Construct 3? or ask for a Port

From what I understood from all those postings made in regard to this one of the main motivations behind redoing the editor for C3 was to get rid of some older dependencies like the UI toolkit used, because it effectively prevented ports to other OSes.

So.. yes. Just wait.

• Yes, you will have to wait for C3. Also, yes we have to wait for a while, but Ashley stated recently that it's being worked at, so don't worry. It's not abandoned.

• in all these time we could just had an APPLE PORT for CONSTRUCT 2.

Why can't we just launch a rocket to Mars?! It's been ages and we have rockets and people, so why can't we just go there now?!

• On the list of important things/features C3 should have, in my opinion Mac support is nowhere near the top of the list. It would be nice to have but the user base is comparatively small and as said above it's already possible to use Construct on mac via virtual machine/boot camp/remote desktop (not ideal but possible nonetheless). Time is limited and I'd rather have C3 development focus on other things, but that's just my opinion.

• > in all these time we could just had an APPLE PORT for CONSTRUCT 2.

>

Why can't we just launch a rocket to Mars?! It's been ages and we have rockets and people, so why can't we just go there now?!

Lol . I did not expect that reply. But really, I don't know how C2 is made but I can tell that making a software compatible with Apple is to redesign the whole program itself which is hard. Let's just wait for C3.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I run Construct 2 on my MBA without any issues in Parallels "Cohesion Mode."

I have even used the Intel XDK for OSX to publish my last couple games and haven't run into any problems.

• ^^^^ just use a VM and it works fine in OSX

• > in all these time we could just had an APPLE PORT for CONSTRUCT 2.

>

i would laught if the engine was something more complex as unity or unreal.

• i would laught if the engine was something more complex as unity or unreal.

It's not about the engine. It's about the editor. It was written for Windows and therefore Scirra used libraries that works well only on Windows. To port C2 for Linux and MAC they would have to rewrite big portions of the editor or maybe even build it up from the ground up. This is what they are doing with C3 and it takes time. We all just have to be patient.

Also, don't forget that the teams behind Unity or Unreal are much bigger.

• >

> > in all these time we could just had an APPLE PORT for CONSTRUCT 2.

> >

> Why can't we just launch a rocket to Mars?! It's been ages and we have rockets and people, so why can't we just go there now?!

>

i would laught if the engine was something more complex as unity or unreal.

Construct 2 is pretty complex in it's own way. It's just not designed to make 3D games, it is more 2D and user-friendly based design. You can't compare a 3D coding game engine with a 2D non-coding game engine, that is kind of stupid. Construct 2 is complex in it's own way by helping non-programmers or even professional programmers create games & apps faster. Besides, Construct 3 is on it's way, you just need to wait a little longer. And with all due respect, if you think it is not that complex, you should have made your own game engine that supports Mac and prove Scirra that you can make a better engine for $120.00.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)