C2 Instability?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hi all.

I haven't posted here since last year. I finally decided to buy C2 last month after using CC for almost three years (used it to make a couple of small games and game jam stuff).

I've actually never touched C2 before, and with my experience with CC, I have a question: did C2 inherit that serious memory leak bug from CC? In the latter, if you saved too many times or when you had a certain (read: fairly small) amount of art and audio resources imported, you'd get major graphical glitches, and just as often, an "Out of memory." error message before it completely crashed and closed. Konjak, the developer of Iconoclasts who used CC, reported the same issues a few years back in this thread: https://www.scirra.com/forum/construct-classic-r2-released_t66915?start=40

Thanks, and I hope to be more active in the forums in the future!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've been using C2 for years and have never run into that issue unless i've had like 20 copies of C2 open at once.

• I've been using C2 for years and have never run into that issue unless i've had like 20 copies of C2 open at once.

That's a really good sign, cuz' I'm really itching to make some games with it. Hopefully, I don't have to worry about importing three sprites larger than 128x128px before the engine crashes on my face.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)