- What you want in C2 for 2015 -

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I believe we should consider about Timeline from CC and motion with easing as components to make cutscenes, we really need this feature

• If the Spriter interface acted as a bolt-on instead of a plugin I would probably die of happiness; but yes, C3 needs at least a tweening/object animation feature, as it's missing from vanilla C2.

• More features for mobile apps/games.

Like camera, microphone, sensors on CocoonJS!!!!!!

• I would to see better facebook and twitter support for Cordova/PhoneGap.

I would also like to see plugins in the store and to see a store interface in C2 so you can just buy and download stuff directly.

A new version of the arcade which I know Tim is working on with best games of the month competitions.

• Honestly I'm a really scared that an auto updating webview, more than nodewebkit, could break a perfectly working game without any action from the user (or even knowing it really).

Google already manage to do this without breaking the entire Internet, so I'm sure apps will be fine too.

• What i would like in C2 :

-> Timeline

-> Animation / tween system (for simple animation purpose like moving menus / cutscenes, should work with the timeline too)

-> Vector sprites / animations (Like Flash, same should work with the Timeline)

-> Advanced particle system (with animated sprites included for example)

-> A function library ? (for used / created functions so we can find use / copy past them faster ? Duno that's some crazy idea but i guess this can be used)

-> Find a secure export way, so games wont break (jagginess) with some Node / Chrome updates (but well, it seems impossible to do)

-> Advanced implemented painter.

-> Possibility to choose exporter version ? Like multiple Node Webkit versions ? (to help counter the Bad Node Webkit updates for example)

Thats some ideas. Keep up the good work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • awesome post

• One more thing ...

I would like to see an option to export to different default location, depending on export type. For example, to export Android into Intel XDK project folder, and HTML5 to somewhere else.

• grigrizljac +1 to the configurable export location!

• Here's a really simple new feature: I really want to add a comment immediately above an action to break them up and add clarity.

• My greatest expectation is really advanced particle system with animated particles and some kind of emulated light to work with 2D sprite's normal maps.

• I'd like more clarity in the editor - which events belong to which groups, etc. Something like this:

[attachment=0:33lkr7mr][/attachment:33lkr7mr]

Scroll down to see it in action (also this annoying scrolling frame could be thrown out).

Also - random property values in the editor (basically just put random(a) or random(a,b) or choose(a,b,c) with values and at runtime it uses a random value).

And a Boolean global variable wouldn't hurt.

• OK an other idea Ashley :

Pooling System

Actually this is something i use under other engine because create/destroy is consuming lot of ressource.

I use it first time some year ago for shmup.

Here some idea for this behavior or generals system :

Spawn from Pool "pool instance" / "object"

Trash to Pool "object"

some setting idea :

Object to pool : ref of the object

Pre-cache object : allow creation of xxx objects on start of the layout

Pool Size : Size of the pool (number of object)

Allow Re-use : Boolean (if the max object is reach, allow to spawn an other object using the 1 of the pool (the most old generate), if not allowed, no spawned objet)

• Ashley

Could you give us the possibility to:

enable/disable collisions of solids by Pick

What i mean is that you can set- that specific sprite instances (enemy AI or players) ignore collision with specific solid objects while all others are still colliding.

Currently it seems to be global only, either it is solid or not.

Would be really appreciated!

• enable/disable collisions of solids by Pick

What i mean is that you can set- that specific sprite instances (enemy AI or players) ignore collision with specific solid objects

I second this! A white/blacklist would be so helpful. I have a platformer project that could really use this feature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)