C2 and 3D !!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Find pleasure in juggling balls with this basic HTML5 template

I would support adding 3D objects in C2 using webGL like Construct Classic does about 3D object.

It's similiar to WebGL shader effect, it if is not support, it could be a fallback as 2D sprite.

Sounds like I'm talking to Anti-3D tech people here!!

You're not. Would I mind having some 3D options in C2? No. Would I use them? Likely not.

New Super Mario world, GTA China Town Wars....

China Town Wars was full 3D.

Being able to use 3D space even with 2D objects would be a great start for me. Otherwise I doupt id use 3D objects much... But still, I wish there will be a 3D enhancement for this engine, id be willing to pay for that asloong the license remains permanent :D 3D with this game making system would explode in the industries in my opinion because there are many who wish to make games but just cant handle programing (like me D: )

I saw that MS has a webgl 3d js, and Asm will probably be just Firefox.

Then Chrome is leaving Webkit for its own version.

Its almost like they make plans to slow things down.

Just wanna add here. I don't think AsmJS is gonna be all that great. I was all exited when I first heard about it. But its not like we are just gonna compile some JavaScript and that's it.

I personally am not going to write everything in Bytecode.

(I wouldn't even know how!)

Some snippet I found:

case 65:

cd = (h | 0) == 0;

if (cd)

k = 67;

else

k = 66;

break;

And 3D. Well. I think a 3D Sprite would be a very nice addition. But obviously there is tons of work in doing so.

Imagine this engine features are combined within C2!!

Turbulenz Engine

It would be stupid not to implement 3D into Construct 2 the same way as Construct classic had it, because it really made a difference. It could be made available only for the business version to make sure that people who are not familiar with 3D wouldn't flood the forums.

Is this something useful for this feature? https://code.google.com/p/stormenginec/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Personally, If I want to make a game with some 3D, I would prefer someone to implement the amazing construct2 event code system in Unity!!! :)

i dont know, but it would seem to me unnatural to use an event based system for full 3D support ( :p )

Programming languages are unatural to me. :p

Honest question for the OP - Why not use Unity? It's 3D, relatively easy to use (it has some bullsh*t to navigate like any engine does though) and exports to everything.

I can think of quite a compelling reason for not using Unity - cost.

As it says in the FAQ, the feature set of the free version is not intended for the production of professional games and interactive content. That means you need the Pro license.

Unity Pro $1,500

IOS $1,500

Android $1,500

Adds up pretty quickly.

I can think of quite a compelling reason for not using Unity - cost.

As it says in the FAQ, the feature set of the free version is not intended for the production of professional games and interactive content. That means you need the Pro license.

Unity Pro $1,500

IOS $1,500

Android $1,500

Adds up pretty quickly.

I totally agree with you.

Actually I have to contest you on that point.

It says that the 'feature set' isn't 'intended' for production of professional quality content. It doesn't say that you're not allowed to use it for such, it means that the feature set is scaled down (for student use, primarily) and will not provide everything you need for a AAA quality/budget title.

You're still allowed to make a game and sell it with the free version, but once you hit 100k USD you need to purchase the Pro license (it's also worthy to note that this is based on the fiscal years, so you could actually be in excess of far more than 100k when you truly legally need to purhcase the license).

It's the exact same kind of deal C2 has, only with different amounts. Considering most people are fine with the requirement to get a business license if you hit 5k USD with C2, the 100k limit for Unity Pro should be more than enough.

inkBot

I don't see how you can contend what I said, when I quoted verbatim from the FAQ on their site.

I also never said you couldn't make and sell using the free version.

You might not have actually said that. But without that context, this:

"That means you need the Pro license"

implies that that is what you meant. [Edited for clarity]

So we're not in disagreement on that, but my contention still kinda stands since you also omitted the revenue limit and only mentioned the license costs. I don't think the cost of the license is that big of a deal if you have excess revenue of 100k. Though, that's of course a subjective contention, since you're free to think it's too expensive.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)