A bit disappointed...

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Hello,

(@Ashley... Do not take this the wrong way)

I must say i am disappointed with Scirras treatment of 2 major platforms (atleest in my humble opinion) wich are iOS and Android.

To release an app/game for those two we are totaly left to mercy on 3rd partys solutions wich have questionable, half baked products...

I am no programmer (this is why i chose Construct in the first place) and this is really frustrating.

I just managed to complete export to iOS with Ludei... and that worked OK (aldo they have shitty instructions in their plugin wich lead me the wrong way).

And as i wanted to do the same for Android i realized that theres no way i can have official leaderboard in my game.

As i understaind, Ludei seems to be leaving further development to community... wich will maybe work and maybe not...

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Is there any way that Scirra can develop some quality solutions that will work as they shud... leaderboards, in app purchases etc?

If it is the question of money... tell us, maybe community will contribute? After all, it is for benefit of us all, no?

Thank you.

• Hello,

(@Ashley... Do not take this the wrong way)

I must say i am disappointed with Scirras treatment of 2 major platforms (atleest in my humble opinion) wich are iOS and Android.

To release an app/game for those two we are totaly left to mercy on 3rd partys solutions wich have questionable, half baked products...

I am no programmer (this is why i chose Construct in the first place) and this is really frustrating.

I just managed to complete export to iOS with Ludei... and that worked OK (aldo they have shitty instructions in their plugin wich lead me the wrong way).

And as i wanted to do the same for Android i realized that theres no way i can have official leaderboard in my game.

As i understaind, Ludei seems to be leaving further development to community... wich will maybe work and maybe not...

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Is there any way that Scirra can develop some quality solutions that will work as they shud... leaderboards, in app purchases etc?

If it is the question of money... tell us, maybe community will contribute? After all, it is for benefit of us all, no?

Thank you.

Yes, you probably right that it is a matter of money. Ashley would have to hire someone to get it done, as he himself has full hands of work atm. This has been talked about countless of times, that it is loads of work. But again, you're right - people would contribute. But would that be enough? dunno

• What would you do if say Google up and decided to drop the development of Android all of a sudden?

Would you make a bet that they wouldn't?

Furthermore, what would you do if Apple decided to make some minor change to some future Ios update that broke all the existing exports?

• I can'not speculate in those terms... what if...

I can only say what is now... and now we are without any help or solutions from Scirras side.

We are totaly left on our own, and that is why i am disappointed.

Theres simply no way for me to get my game out on Android with leaderboard... get it?

No way at all...

It's like Scirra is selling cars but in order to drive arround you need to go to next dealer and buy an engine... ok, im happy i buy my shiny red chasis and i drag it to the next dealer that is recommended to sell me an engine and then i realize that he have an engine but it wont fit into my brand new chasis i just bought... then i go to the next one... his engine might fit but its actaully crap and mine brand new shiny car will be slow... and so on.

this is how i feel right now...

• Crosswalk should offer full AJAX support and so will have online leaderboards. Also Crosswalk is running only a little behind the google chrome updates. So you have a full browser. So most if not all features are being supported. You just have accept apx a loss of what 10-20fps?. So design around that. And in a few more months that will probably be fine.

CocoonjS also supports as of 1.3 full AJAX support. So you still have online leader boards.

• jayderyu

Crosswalk supports official google play leaderboard?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Is there any way that Scirra can develop some quality solutions that will work as they shud... leaderboards, in app purchases etc?"

There is no specification for Google Leader boards. Also you can use Browser.execjs to use JS api's without writing your own plugin. I have a FGL pure CAPX implementation of their SDK. Including FGL leaderboard. If you have AJAX support you have access to the creation of leaderboards.

I have said it before. But sometimes it's time to pull up the sleeves are create it. R0j0, Rex, Luna, Kyratic and many others write Plugins to access JS functionality. That's the point of the SDK. If it's missing and some one needs access to it, then they have options. Scirra doesn't need to create everything for the users. there are other that cover those.

Also Scirra provides an Arcade score for their own score system.

Scirra also provides the IAP for a handful of stores and I'm pretty sure there other non Scirra plugins that support other stores.

As a piece of information. In store purchases for say Unity don't have Unity support for IAP. All Unity developers who are doing IAP have to use 3rd party apps that they pay for or create there own. Only Unity5(not out yet) will support IAP. So really C2/Scirra are providing a massive load of features already in comparison t other big name tool sets.

• Ejecta does Ads, IAPs and Social features for iOS.

CocoonJS is updated (though it has some bugs) that has those same features for Android.

Intel XDK will update with a newer Crosswalk with Ads and IAPs soon.

If you have a small game, it should work fine with Ejecta and CJS. Ejecta can handle bigger games better thanks to Scirra's efforts.

• As a piece of information. In store purchases for say Unity don't have Unity support for IAP. All Unity developers who are doing IAP have to use 3rd party apps that they pay for or create there own. Only Unity5(not out yet) will support IAP. So really C2/Scirra are providing a massive load of features already in comparison t other big name tool sets.

Well i have no problem with 3rd party solutins if they work... but in our case they dont...

And this is the platform that attracts people with limited to non programing skills wich then can't help them selfs...

Please...

Someone point me to the right way, where i can and how have mine game with leaderboard on Android.

Iw looking all over crosswalks site and did not find it... i will look again, but please keep in mind i am not programer and mine skills are in range with functions copy/passte, to be so sincere.

Thanx.

Ejecta does Ads, IAPs and Social features for iOS.

CocoonJS is updated (though it has some bugs) that has those same features for Android.

Intel XDK will update with a newer Crosswalk with Ads and IAPs soon.

If you have a small game, it should work fine with Ejecta and CJS. Ejecta can handle bigger games better thanks to Scirra's efforts.

As i'w said iOS works for Cocoon and theres no need for Ejecta in this case... but Android? What to do for Android?

On the other hand, Cocoons from github... well, i can't even open their own capx... it gives me some errors... !?

• We recently added a whole new iOS exporter based on Ejecta that we have already done some work on maintaining (submitting bug fixes etc). Since it's open source we can maintain it as necessary for C2 users.

Crosswalk is currently missing a couple of features, but they're in the works. They should be around soon, and Crosswalk has the benefit of being a complete browser engine - both CocoonJS and Ejecta are missing several features since they're not real browsers.

• Ashley

So what do you recommend for me?

What's the best solution for me to get leaderboard into Android version of my game?

Thank you.

• irina

Way 1 : Make your own leaderboard.

This needs some web programming skills. There's some tutorials about it. Give it a try.

Way 2 : Waiting.

This is the sad point. There's new CocoonJS Plugin but it has some bugs now. Ejecta and Crosswalk? Not yet. So there's nothing you can do if you really have no idea about coding. People will say "please wait for the development" again and again. You will be waiting for them, for several months, like me.

• Forgive me if I'm wrong, but a leaderboard usually means running a server, or using a service like Clay.io.

I would also guess that you could make one for yourself using the multiplayer object.

• Yes... and that's what makes me sad... only solution for me is to sit and wait.

• Forgive me if I'm wrong, but a leaderboard usually means running a server, or using a service like Clay.io.

I would also guess that you could make one for yourself using the multiplayer object.

Running a server is quite a hard choice for the beginners, and Clay.io doesn't work well in CocoonJS. I had emailed Austin for a week with this issue, but nothing improved. It ended up with showing black box on the screen. Sometimes it works, but mostly not.

Hmm. Clay.io... Well, I have sticked to CocoonJS for the ads, so I didn't test it on the Crosswalk. Maybe it works well in there because it's based on Chrome. Same for multiplayer object too. I'm not sure, just guessing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)