TheRealDannyyy , MadSpy any good news?
Unfortunately there is another issue:
BitDefender keeps on removing nw.exe from users system. It says it has some PUA's packed into it. I used latest NWjs v0.19.2.
I used Resource Hacker v.4.2.5 to change icon - maybe this is causing the problem. Did you encountered similar problems?
About the letterboxing thing, Madspy pretty much said that he should be able to provide a fix within his Steam plugin.
Greenworks users will most-likely have to use the browser action execute JS, in order to fix this on their ends.
There is currently no ETA, I guess it will be done after the festivities have come to an end.
Oh BitDefender, the antivirus software with anxiety issues.
I've had my fair share of experiences with it, not in combination with NW.js but with native software that I've developed.
I think there is not much that I can do about that, the NW.js team could try to modify their application in order for it to work well with BitDefender but there's a 90% chance that they will tell me to add "nw.exe" to the list of exceptions.
That's why I will do the same and recommend you to tell those users to take a look at THIS.
If you're not satisfied with that workaround, feel free to DOWNLOAD and use this software to replace the icon but I highly doubt that ResHack is at fault here.
Replace icon using Anolis Resorces:
- Open Resourcer.exe
- Click "Open" and select "nw.exe" (32bit/64bit)
- Click on "Icon Image" and select the icon that you want to replace
- Click on "Replace" (should be enabled now)
- Click on "Browse" and select your new icon (I recommend importing a .png file, this program doesn't seem to like other formats)
- Click on "Load" and then "OK" if everything is alright
- Click on "Save" and that's it