The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • TheRealDannyyy

Since I updated to NWjs 0.32 greenwork achievements won't trigger anymore. I tried updating to latest greenwork 0.30.4 and it didn't help, anyone else has this issue?

I also noticed this error in the console, I'm not sure where the '\\?\' before the path comes from.

The node file is where it should be and the pathing in greenworks.js points to './'

c2runtime.js:427 Failed to require Greenworks: Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

\\?\Z:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Bad Pad Demo\package.nw\greenworks-win64.node

at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:760:18)

at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:623:32)

at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:562:12)

at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:554:3)

at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:661:17)

at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (Z:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Bad Pad Demo\package.nw\greenworks.js:17:18)

at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:713:30)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:730:10)

at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:623:32)

• Another in depth testing.

Up to NWjs 0.30.4 greenworks 12 works fine.

NWjs 0.30.4 - 0.30.5 greenworks 13 works fine.

From NWjs 0.31.0 greenworks node library stopped loading, the overlay loads fine though.

The new 0.32.1 is also not working.

Ashley

I'm releasing tomorrow and I really don't want to release without the achievements working.

Is there anything I can do on my side beside rolling back to NWjs 0.29 ?

I don't want to go to 0.30.5 cause of the video memory leaking bug.

Should I expect issues with local storage saves after rolling back?

If so, is there anything I can do to prevent it?

• As noted in the documentation:

Each release of the Greenworks plugin must be used with a specific version of NW.js, and a specific version of the Steamworks SDK. Make sure you get the right versions, otherwise the plugin may not work. The release notes for each release of the Greenworks plugin specify which versions you must use it with.

NW.js 0.30.4 is currently the latest version supported by Greenworks. If you use the wrong versions it won't work.

• I was kind'a hoping of getting this answer when I previously asked if I should keep NWjs up to date and if there are any known issues with the latest version.

But that's ok, next time I'll know when not to update.

Are there any other issues like this documented somewhere around the site I should know about?

• I was kind'a hoping of getting this answer when I previously asked if I should keep NWjs up to date and if there are any known issues with the latest version.

But that's ok, next time I'll know when not to update.

Are there any other issues like this documented somewhere around the site I should know about?

I did an "Archive" section which holds the majority of issues with affected versions. I don't know much about Steamworks so I didn't really keep track of what's supported and not (same goes for Steam4C2).

• TheRealDannyyy Thanks, I obviously meant outside of this post, I read your guides and all the comments plenty of times and it saved my ass more than once, I really do appreciate your time and effort!

• TheRealDannyyy

Maybe you want to add this info to your guide for everyone to see.

construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/how-to-integrate-steamworks-in-137049

• TheRealDannyyy

Maybe you want to add this info to your guide for everyone to see.

https://www.construct.net/il/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/how-to-integrate-steamworks-in-137049#forumPost947520

Not sure what you'd like me to add where?

• > TheRealDannyyy

>

> Maybe you want to add this info to your guide for everyone to see.

>

> construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/how-to-integrate-steamworks-in-137049

Not sure what you'd like me to add where?

1. A link to the installation instructions (just to keep it all in one place for everyone).

construct.net/construct-2/addons/83/greenworks/documentation

2. The user needs to make sure he doesn't update NWjs beyond the supported version by greenworks (sometimes greater versions that are not published in C2 (both NWjs and greenworks) work, but it requires user testing, for example I'm using NWjs 0.29.4 with greenworks 13 0.29.4, both are not available for download through C2 website).

3. Where you can download all greenworks and NWjs versions.

github.com/greenheartgames/greenworks/releases

dl.nwjs.io

4. What to modify on greenworks.js to make it compatible with C2.

• > > TheRealDannyyy

> >

> > Maybe you want to add this info to your guide for everyone to see.

> >

> > construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/how-to-integrate-steamworks-in-137049

>

> Not sure what you'd like me to add where?

1. A link to the installation instructions (just to keep it all in one place for everyone).

https://www.construct.net/il/construct-2/addons/83/greenworks/documentation

2. The user needs to make sure he doesn't update NWjs beyond the supported version by greenworks (sometimes greater versions that are not published in C2 (both NWjs and greenworks) work, but it requires user testing, for example I'm using NWjs 0.29.4 with greenworks 13 0.29.4, both are not available for download through C2 website).

3. Where you can download all greenworks and NWjs versions.

https://github.com/greenheartgames/greenworks/releases

https://dl.nwjs.io/

4. What to modify on greenworks.js to make it compatible with C2.

I'll see what I can do. Currently on vacation, don't wanna change stuff from my phone.

Thanks for the info.

• Hello one question.

I thought that NWjs.AppFolder would give me the directory of the location of the nw.exe file.

But this is not the case, NWjs.AppFolder gives me the directory where the capx file is located.

What the hell do I want that directory ?.

I need the directory of the nw.exe application because there are my files to load.

How do I obtain this directory ?.

• Hello one question.

I thought that NWjs.AppFolder would give me the directory of the location of the nw.exe file.

But this is not the case, NWjs.AppFolder gives me the directory where the capx file is located.

What the hell do I want that directory ?.

I need the directory of the nw.exe application because there are my files to load.

How do I obtain this directory ?.

Ashley added new expressions after I did a feature request about this a while ago. Just update C2 to R257 or newer and use the new expressions.

I think they should also work with fetching the executable path. If not you should be able to manually replace parts of the fetched path. Although I'm guessing in your case it's an issue that only occurs during preview and not in the exported version.

• > Hello one question.

> I thought that NWjs.AppFolder would give me the directory of the location of the nw.exe file.

> But this is not the case, NWjs.AppFolder gives me the directory where the capx file is located.

> What the hell do I want that directory ?.

> I need the directory of the nw.exe application because there are my files to load.

>

> How do I obtain this directory ?.

Ashley added new expressions after I did a feature request about this a while ago. Just update C2 to R257 or newer and use the new expressions.

I think they should also work with fetching the executable path. If not you should be able to manually replace parts of the fetched path. Although I'm guessing in your case it's an issue that only occurs during preview and not in the exported version.

My problem is with the exported version.

I have files that my program loads to create the levels.

I have used the expression NWjs.ProjectFilesFolder seems to work but it is not the path of the executable file nw.exe

I suppose that NWjs.ProjectFilesFolder is the path where the files are decompressed and then loaded from there.

Thanks for the info.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > > Hello one question.

> > I thought that NWjs.AppFolder would give me the directory of the location of the nw.exe file.

> > But this is not the case, NWjs.AppFolder gives me the directory where the capx file is located.

> > What the hell do I want that directory ?.

> > I need the directory of the nw.exe application because there are my files to load.

> >

> > How do I obtain this directory ?.

>

> Ashley added new expressions after I did a feature request about this a while ago. Just update C2 to R257 or newer and use the new expressions.

>

> I think they should also work with fetching the executable path. If not you should be able to manually replace parts of the fetched path. Although I'm guessing in your case it's an issue that only occurs during preview and not in the exported version.

My problem is with the exported version.

I have files that my program loads to create the levels.

I have used the expression NWjs.ProjectFilesFolder seems to work but it is not the path of the executable file nw.exe

I suppose that NWjs.ProjectFilesFolder is the path where the files are decompressed and then loaded from there.

Thanks for the info.

Usually NWjs.ProjectFilesFolder should fetch the app path of the executable and the new expressions fetch the files found inside your package.nw archive file. Not sure why it wouldn't work, maybe uploading a quick example for reproduction would help me finding out what's going wrong.

• Hello NWJS exporters !

Is there anything to know in order to export NWJS projects that would work with older Windows versions like XP or Vista ?

My customers get an error message about Kernel32.dll at the moment. I hope there's a workaround.

Thanks.

M

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)