Anyone used Electron or DecSoft to convert C2 games into exe

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Find pleasure in juggling balls with this basic HTML5 template
  • > Ashley

> Isn't free edition limited to 100 events?

>

Yes, and there are other limitations too besides that.

[quote:2mua8fzy]Could you help out with issue that was brought up here with nwjs and steam:

Which, specifically? The thread is mainly about writing a cleanup script for Steam, which doesn't seem to be that specific to NW.js, and AFAIK was resolved by the developer. There's also no reason to think Electron would be different in that regard.

I respect your opinion and decisions. I was just curious without any hideous agenda or trying to spread vitrol. Thank you for explaining.

However...

Does it mean every dev is on their own with q/a process from steam when there are hiccups like this where we use construct2 tool to make game for hundreds of hours and then we get stuck because there is needed some general knowledge that goes beyond creating game logic but goes deeper in territory of handling installers?

Would you consider helping us out? I'm very glad dev did manage to figure this out but it doesn't help me or others at all. I also understand this is entirely nwjs problem and its not your responsibility to do this but some people invest massive amount of time in their games (because they prefer construct2 to other tools and thats great compliment!) and its disheartening to be left on your own with no guarantee that you might figure this out yourself or be lucky enough to find someone that will help out.

I won't drag this topic further but would greatly appreciate if you could give definite answer what we an expect.

Best Regards.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How much does the Electron export weigh compared to Nwjs?

What's interesting to me is that Windows 10 universal apps don't really add that much weight, and offer a huge improvement in performance compared to Nwjs, but no one seems to want to push Microsoft to change the restrictions on it.

Maybe the forum could pressure Ashley and Tom to make them make Ms change it?

That's how this works right?

• Does it mean every dev is on their own with q/a process from steam when there are hiccups like this where we use construct2 tool to make game for hundreds of hours and then we get stuck because there is needed some general knowledge that goes beyond creating game logic but goes deeper in territory of handling installers?

Would you consider helping us out? I'm very glad dev did manage to figure this out but it doesn't help me or others at all.

AFAIK the problem in that thread was to do with Steam uninstall scripts, which I have zero experience with (C2 doesn't use one in the Steam build), so I'm just not actually a helpful person in that situation. It would be better to get in touch with Valve's support. Yes, you may need to learn and use some other technologies to publish your game, I think that is pretty reasonable.

• > Does it mean every dev is on their own with q/a process from steam when there are hiccups like this where we use construct2 tool to make game for hundreds of hours and then we get stuck because there is needed some general knowledge that goes beyond creating game logic but goes deeper in territory of handling installers?

>

> Would you consider helping us out? I'm very glad dev did manage to figure this out but it doesn't help me or others at all.

>

AFAIK the problem in that thread was to do with Steam uninstall scripts, which I have zero experience with (C2 doesn't use one in the Steam build), so I'm just not actually a helpful person in that situation. It would be better to get in touch with Valve's support. Yes, you may need to learn and use some other technologies to publish your game, I think that is pretty reasonable.

Thank you for honesty - it means a lot to me. Yes It is reasonable - to expect that there will be some bumps and knowledge will have to be acquired.

Just wished originally for some tutorials and documentation thats all. Gladly I found some devs that were willing to talk and share their insight into process and it looks like it was just blown out of proportion in that thread. I could probably write that script and get everything working in a day with config panels that are available.

Cheers.

• Sidenote: Steam overlay don't work with electron on win7/OSx/Linux (maybe fixed with the newest version of electron)

• There is a funny side at this discussion.

Say the 'plugin' is up and ironed out. New and shiny. 3 Weeks later the same problems will arrive. Unavoidable.

The architecture stays the same, as well as the workflow.

c2 > Plugin > Electron > Device.

That is 3 + 100 different developers. 1 tiny change in the chain, and it is back to square 1.

It is funny (to me), as it seems that some think that this is avoidable.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)