Ad options for crosswalk

0 favourites
  • it seems like there are a few options available, but does Anyone have a list, and their pros and cons? Or an idea of Which is best?

• I don't think there are really any good ad solutions for Crosswalk now (at least last I checked they're still working on ad support). Would recommend CocoonJS if you want ads and better game performance (at leastt from what I've seen) unless for some reason you have to use Crosswalk

• i actually get better performance from crosswalk. its framerate is more stable

• Depends on what you call "good".

Banner ads via Pode's iframe and for example Leadbolt as provider work on Crosswalk APKs.. I was surprised to find that working (several people claim that it does not), but I'm looking at a running app serving ads this very moment.

• nice, are there any tutorials on getting ads like leadbolt in the game using crosswalk?

• it seems like there are a few options available, but does Anyone have a list, and their pros and cons? Or an idea of Which is best?

I think clay.io is working fine, isn't?

• I think clay.io is working fine, isn't?

We don't want to force the player to use clay.io though :/

• >

> I think clay.io is working fine, isn't?

>

We don't want to force the player to use clay.io though :/

yeah... i'm using clay.io, but it's true..

if you find something better, please, tell me.

• will do! That was hopefully the point of my post haha I guess I can always try one ad service, then switch if something better comes along

• Depends on what you call "good".

Banner ads via Pode's iframe and for example Leadbolt as provider work on Crosswalk APKs.. I was surprised to find that working (several people claim that it does not), but I'm looking at a running app serving ads this very moment.

The tutorial posted on here using Pode's iframe plugin has a live game example on Google Play, yes it serves ads within the frame, but if you tap/click on the ad itself a new window does not appear with the advertisement. Even if Leadbolt approves your app this can be a problem down the road.

Is the best bet to serve ads right now really only CocoonJS? This is such a great product but I need to monetize the games I create using this tool!

• The tutorial posted on here using Pode's iframe plugin has a live game example on Google Play, yes it serves ads within the frame, but if you tap/click on the ad itself a new window does not appear with the advertisement.

Don't know, but for me the ad opens within that iframe (depending on the ad I guess). While that is no true "ad experience" (if there even is such a thing ), the click gets registered. So unless the ad network shuns that practise, all is well, for my taste.

• >

> The tutorial posted on here using Pode's iframe plugin has a live game example on Google Play, yes it serves ads within the frame, but if you tap/click on the ad itself a new window does not appear with the advertisement.

>

>

Don't know, but for me the ad opens within that iframe (depending on the ad I guess). While that is no true "ad experience" (if there even is such a thing ), the click gets registered. So unless the ad network shuns that practise, all is well, for my taste.

So the Pode iframe plugin might be the best way to go then? I agree, monetizing my game with ads would be one of the most crucial pieces prior to releasing it.

• I'm keep sticking with cocoonjs because of their ads support, but i hate the flashing logo of them, and the memory management.

• bscarl88

[quote:3w4gcdg3]So the Pode iframe plugin might be the best way to go then?

It is a way. The better way right now is still cocoonjs with their official ad support. But I guess there will be an "official" way to implement ads with crosswalk soon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • bscarl88

[quote:361wa9ct]So the Pode iframe plugin might be the best way to go then?

It is a way. The better way right now is still cocoonjs with their official ad support. But I guess there will be an "official" way to implement ads with crosswalk soon.

W00t! I'll wait for that, I get better more steady performance from Crosswalk. I'm just very anxious to release seeing as that we keep putting off sending our file to bulky pix because we don't want to make a paid only version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)