Text not visible on Android 8

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

In C2 all looks ok, in wifi preview also but once it's packed into *.apk text is not displayed (invisible)

Attach a Capx

http://www.vixus.hr/test/text.capx

I'll send packed apk to devs via PM

Description of Capx

Layer 1 displays 3 plain text objects with some text and one text object with webfont. that changes text.

Layer 2 creates list and when its scrolled up-down text gets messed up...

Steps to Reproduce Bug

run capx and notice that all text is visible

build *.apk

tested *.apk on Samsung S9, S9+, Huawei mate 10 pro and similar devices

notice that plain Arial text is not visible and only webfont is visible.

Observed Result

plain text is not visible and only webfont is visible.

update... webfont works only if text object is static and precreated.

If text object is dynamically created then webfont gets quirky... test layer 2 and scroll down - up several times... notice text and numbering issues

Expected Result

All text shud be visible

Affected Browsers

Android 7 and below: (NO)

Android 8: (YES)

iOS any version looks ok: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

win 10 pro up to date

Construct 2 Version ID

C2 262 / 64

Ashley

I really cant believe that you were so lazy to delete that third party plugin your self

• In Construct 2, projects cannot be opened if they use any third-party addons that are not installed. Having to go and find the addon and install it is a significant complication, we might end up with a different version of the addon, and the problem may be caused by the addon in which case we can't support it. Please co-operate with the bug report guidelines to ensure we can deal with the report effectively.

I'm afraid the link you provided covers unrelated technologies.

I tested as a debug APK on a HTC running Android 8. I could not reproduce any issue, it all looks fine. So I doubt this is really caused by Android 8. Also, normally issues which only reproduce on certain platforms/devices indicate a problem with that platform/device: the fact it works in some places usually means our code is correct, but a bug in the platform/device is what breaks it. On that basis my best guess is this is some kind of GPU driver bug, which is the most common cause of any kind of graphical issues. If that's the case I'm afraid there's very little we can do about it. Even if not, there's very little we can do without a way to reproduce it ourselves I'm afraid.

• Ashley

Mine apologies for that 3rd party plugin... did not realized it is such a problem.

Did you open capx on PC to see how it shud look?

You say that on HTC you'w actually seen 3 lines of text on upper half of screen???

Bug is really hard to notice becouse it can display text but wrong one... from other text object that is not currently on screen.

If you tap sprite with number just few times it might work ok... but if you repeat action several cycles you will notice the wrong text.

Same goes for scrolling... several swipes to the bottom and to the top and you will defenetly notice wrong text.

I'w tested on several devices from samsung and huawei but i was not able to test on htc.

Shall i post an avi to show you the problem?

How can i send you my apk for test?

Any tip or help is wellcome becouse i really dont know how to solve this...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As far as I could tell, it looked identical to Chrome on Windows 10. For bug reports, the simpler is the better. Ideally there should be no interaction necessary, no unrelated objects/layouts/events, and no other issues mentioned. This will minimise the chance that your report is misunderstood.

• well basicly... 3 text lines are not visible on Android8

just 4th that is build as webfont and 5th that changes text when number sprite is touched.

If you would please your apk try on Samsung S9 and tell me is it ok?

If it's related to build process (i use cordova, and not C3) and if all works on your C3 build ill go and pay for it and build my app with C3 builder.

Ill head to mobile store next to me and ask salesman to let me test on htc.

• Ashley

Unfortunatly noone has HTC with Android 8 on display.

Iw tested on different Huawei P20 pro, lite, Mate 10 Pro, Samsung S9, S9+ and all have same issue.

But There was some Sony experia with Android 8 and all worked fine !?

Now im really confused... what do you recommend I shall do in order to sort this out?

• Ashley

Would you please try *.apk that you built on Samsung S9, S9+ and tell me is it ok?

If it's related to build process (i use cordova, and not C3) and for sure all works on your C3 build ill buy C3 licence and build my app with its builder.

Thanx!

• Hei, could you try your APK on Android 8 with a Galaxy S9 ?, I have the same problem

Ashley

Would you please try *.apk that you built on Samsung S9, S9+ and tell me is it ok?

If it's related to build process (i use cordova, and not C3) and for sure all works on your C3 build ill buy C3 licence and build my app with its builder.

Thanx!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)