Sometimes C2 previews incorrectly

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • JorgePR

Ashley always recommends to test on all browsers. If it appears correct in say FireFox, then it's more than likely a bug in Chrome, or an addon to Chrome that is causing it.

See if there is a Chrome update.

• It might also be a new bug in the latest version of chrome. Try node webkit as well.

• Thanks, zenox98, Arima, for your advice. :) I ran the preview on Firefox, and the problem effectively disappeared, so it must be a bug in the newest version of Chrome. Thanks for helping clear that up!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just for the record, I found out that Chrome is affecting the visibility of every object that had an effect on it, not just the ones with "glow". Those with "warp" and "water" effects were also turned semi-invisible or completely invisible. Anyone else having this problem while previewing in Chrome?

• I prefer using Chrome but I have experienced the same issue that I sometimes have to reload the preview because certain things did not load properly. Sometimes sprites are just offset or the graphics look blurred. It seems to be completely random though and the only way to reproduce is to continuously preview until it loads incorrectly. I think it is a browser issue.

• Some web browsers during years have been notoriously bad on loading all parts of the web pages, especially more complex pages. Sometimes the browser just crash entirely, but most of the time reload is enough..

Since browsers are on constant development it's really impossible to say which version is the most stable of whatever browser but here's an example results from a test at Tom's hardware site.. (links? no links here.. )

tomshardware.com/reviews/chrome-27-firefox-21-opera-next,3534-10.html

Personally: I use latest beta Firefox (v27 at the moment) for everyday pages (more than 50+ tabs open at the moment) and Chrome (31.0.1650.63) for comparison testing and video playback.

• if you make changes in construct 2 and then load the preview it sometimes loads the last save instead of my edits but if i reload the page it loads corectly

• Sometimes when a preview on Chrome it appears a black screen, but if i close and try again, it works..

• In Chrome and Node-webkit I've noticed that whenever I preview and another preview is already running, weird things will happen - not rendering-wise, but blocks of events won't execute. If I close the preview and preview again it works fine.

• bland that is because your browser caches the files. It is common practice to always either refresh the browser (even better hit Ctrl+F5 to clear the cache) or to just close your browser after each preview and let it launch a new one. That is not a bug, that is just the way browsers work.

• Keyboard doesn't work...

• Skyrim291 What? That isn't really a very descriptive statement.

• Keyboard doesn't work...

Make sure the cable is plugged in correctly, most likely you'll need to check the rear end of your computer and if you notice a cable that is not fully inserted then push it in harder.

• I get this too. Although I use Comodo Dragon, that is more secure and supposedly more stable than original Chrome.

It has caused me some frustrations during development. I am not sure if its Chrome or actual HTML-5, or HTML-5 in Chrome. HTML-5 still has loads of issues, Flash was more stable in my opinion.

• bland that is because your browser caches the files. It is common practice to always either refresh the browser (even better hit Ctrl+F5 to clear the cache) or to just close your browser after each preview and let it launch a new one. That is not a bug, that is just the way browsers work.

Not entirely true, C2 has a update type version number that when doesn't equal cached version number should flush c2 cache and show updates correctly. I know c2 has something like that build in, problem is that it goes wack eyed periodocally. This is the same thing that updates html5 games to latest release etc etc. Your end user can't be expected to refresh if he wants to install new version of game I don't know how ashley has designed it, but it used to work. lol.

But I do agree its good practice to flush the cache as a programmer, but it isn't good if it is designed to self update and it isn't

Ashley, sorry I created another bug report on same topic, I didn't see this one. I can confirm 100% it is also Internet Explorer. So it is all 3 browsers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)