Sine value to change height of a physics object

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Problem Description

Program crashes after some time when using the sine property to change the height of a physics object. The more objects in the layout, the quicker it crashes.

Attach a Capx

Done

Description of Capx

Simple Capx with just two layouts and 1 object

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Play layout
    • wait
    • program crashes

Observed Result

The following error message is displayed:

Javascript error!Uncaught Assertion: Cannot enlarge memory arrays in asm.js. Either (1) compile with -s TOTAL_MEMORY=X with X higher than the current value, or (2) set Module.TOTAL_MEMORY before the program runs.http://localhost:50000/Physics_behavior.js, line 9 (col 21)This is either a bug in Construct 2 or a problem in a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer!

Expected Result

For the objects to change height according to the sine behaviour of the object without any problems

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8

Construct 2 Version ID

168 (64 bit)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello Vegamon007! Did you (or anybody else) find a solution? My problem looks very similar.

• Hi I never got a response from anyone from Scirra so I'm afraid the problem was left unresolved..

• Just got a response to my own problem and it might work for you too. It is:

In the project properties change "physics engine" to "box2d web"

Just tested my game and it did not crash like it used to. Very similar problem like yours and the error looked very same too.

My problem had to do with sine (size). Example here:

edit2. Funny how similar your bugtest was to my example. I hadn´t seen this when I made mine.

But the problem persists. The physics engine change didn´t remove the error. I wonder if chipmunk physics would.

I guess the sine with size/height is causing this.

• I checked the error and also happened to me.

We have to wait about 2 minutes or so.

However, the bug is closed for no reason?.

Ashley You could check this? This error exists today.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)