Revolute joint behaviour

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Problem Description

when body moves in circular fashion attached arm follows as sopposed but at certain angle just goes bezerk and counterspinns till it settles in a starting angle.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169390986/PUB/JOINTS%20PROBLEM.capx

Description of Capx

body sprite has car movement so just try to drive it in circle

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• move with arrow keys body sprite in circle.

Observed Result

attached arm sprite at certain angle makes a spin on its own.

Expected Result

well.. if im not doing something wrong i would expect arm sprite to follow its body within designated angels?

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (not tested)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 64 pro uptodate

Construct 2 Version ID

latest stabile build 206

• You're using physics behavior, and trying to manipulate it with another behavior, that's probably not a bug, and it's stated in manual.

[quote:32rv47wl]Therefore it is highly recommended to control Physics objects entirely via the Physics behavior (by setting forces, impulses, torques etc.).

• Sisyphus

thank you for this input...

Do you have any ideas how can i achieve desired effect (moving the body and that its parts move acordingly and interact with the solids along the way)?

thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're using physics behavior, and trying to manipulate it with another behavior, that's probably not a bug, and it's stated in manual.

[quote:3ht47c5z]Therefore it is highly recommended to control Physics objects entirely via the Physics behavior (by setting forces, impulses, torques etc.).

I've tried it too it spins quickly like some kind of make shit helicopter - had to limit angular velocity

• Do you have any ideas how can i achieve desired effect (moving the body and that its parts move acordingly and interact with the solids along the way)?

thank you!

PS: ... or anyone else for that matter!?

• If only the physics plugin had kinematic bodies. If you search the forums there is a hack, about 6 lines, you can enter into the standard plugin to enable kinematic bodies during runtime. I have no idea why this is not already enabled :/.

• Ashley

Please try my capx .. at 90° it counterspinns... to 0° and vice versa depending on the moition of the body.

Is it a bug or am i doing it wrong?

• Closing as won't fix, please see the physics tutorial, the other behaviors conflict with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)