R170 Export not displaying correctly

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

On export of my project there is a strange display glitch.

Description of Capx

CAPX has just 3 layers and 4 sprites. Layer 0 is where the game would be and is scaled to X10 on "start of layout". Both layer 1 & 2 are not scaled and have parallax set to 0 as this is where I would have my health bar & inventory information.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create 3 layers. Layout 0 should be set to "layer scale" 10 on start of layout. Layer 1 & 2 should have parallax set to 0
    • Create a sprite on "layer 0" and on "start of layout" scroll to it.
    • Create sprites on the other 2 layouts

Observed Result

This is the node-webkit export (same on HTML5 export using Chrome). Again the heart is not in the correct place. Neither is the health bar and if you look closely the inventory bag has also shifted from the centre of the screen.

Expected Result

This is the preview which is how it should look.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (not tested)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)
    • Node Webkit export: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 170 64bit built at 15:03:57 May 22 2014

• I've just had this as well. Only happens with a specific couple of sprites, they look like they've shifted one pixel away. Looks fine in the preview and only shows up when you export. Latest update maybe?

• I've also noticed something similar. Like lolpaca said, looks perfect in preview but shows up in export forcing me to roll back to the stable release. (I believe this was present in 169, as well). It might be worth noting my game is NOT a pixel based game.

• I have this problem as well with 170.

Previewing with Node Webkit is perfect. Exported is anything but.

It's not only screwing up the appearance of sprites but it's also moving them slightly off of the positions I've placed them at.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as duplicate of https://www.scirra.com/forum/pixel-art-issues-after-exporting_t106142, verified the next build appears to fix it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)