R169 Error when export with minify option enabled.

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

I will get error when trying to export with minify option enabled, it is ok if it is disabled. The error message are:-

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Minifier did not output a file

Condition: FileExists(min_js)

File: html5.cpp

Line: 1677

Function: void __cdecl Exporter::DoExport(class era::IProject *,class era::ILayout *,bool,struct HWND__ *,bool,bool)

Build: release 169 (64-bit) checked

Component: HTML5 exporter

(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

Attach a Capx

No need capx. I just open Contruct 2 , create new empty project (without anything in it) and try to export with minify enabled.

Description of Capx

No need capx. Just use "New empty project" template when creating new project.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open construct 2 (In admin mode)
    • Create empty project
    • Try to export with minify enabled.

Observed Result

Error when trying to export empty project like I mention above.

Expected Result

Project is successfully export with minify enabled.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: NA
    • FireFox: NA
    • Internet Explorer: NA

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Construct 2 Version ID

R169

• plus one

• Yep, it's busted.

• Indeed, it still creates a "C2_runtime_tmp.js" file. Renaming by removing the "_tmp" allows the game to work, nevertheless, there is the check failure on HTML5 website export.

• Can't reproduce, an empty project minifies just fine. Is your version of Java up to date?

• Hi Ashley

Are you using java 8 ? What version are you using because it does seems to effect some people. I`m using version R168 without any problem. Should I install java 8 ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I run:

java -version

in a command prompt, it says "1.7.0_09". We updated the Closure Compiler (a java app used to minify the code on export) in r169, and it's possible they changed the version it depends on without us knowing. Let me know what version of Java you have and if updating it fixes it.

• Ashley

Yup

I`m on 1.6.0.43. I`ve installed latest JDK 7 update55 and now it works.

However I remembered reading tutorial here and other android tutorial on other sites, if you want to jarsigned and zipaligned apk, we have to stick to old version JAVA6, java7 wont let the apk installed or black screen or something.

I guess just need to set JAVA_HOME and Path to old jdk ? Hopefully it wont cause any other problem having two version installed.

• Ashley was the java update necessary? Sorry for asking but I'm also building Android APK's (different game engine) on this computer and I can't update Java to 1.7 because it crashes compiling to APK. I have to stick to Java 1.6.

Is it possible to get back to previous version of java in Closure Compiler in Construct 2?

• Anyone developing for Android can't update their java because of the black screen issues it causes on signed games.

• Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but ...

I usually download as soon as there is a new beta version have a look and if all is well with what I need continue to use it.

This time I opened a project I was working on - admittedly this was an error I've been working on a mural through the nights and I wasn't being very careful at all!!!

is there a way to change a project back to a previous version of construct?

................................................................................................................................

Thanks, what a brilliant program Constuct 2 is

When the minify thing is sorted can someone make really obvious Thanks

• I forget which one, but there is a file that has an entry for the version of construct used. Search the forums for something along the lines of revert to previous version.

• Closing, should be fixed in the next build - we reverted back to the old closure compiler.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)