Publishing to Windows 8,version 195,jquery-2.1.1.min problem

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • Problem Description

'WWAHost.exe' (Script): Loaded 'Script Code (MSAppHost/2.0)'.

Exception was thrown at line 2, column 10423 in ms-appx://0a28033b-9668-45d6-ba51-d418ce28becf/jquery-2.1.1.min.js

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError

Exception was thrown at line 2, column 10648 in ms-appx://0a28033b-9668-45d6-ba51-d418ce28becf/jquery-2.1.1.min.js

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError

Exception was thrown at line 4, column 205 in ms-appx://0a28033b-9668-45d6-ba51-d418ce28becf/Amazon-Web-App-API-tester.min.js

0x800c0005 - JavaScript runtime error: The system cannot locate the resource specified.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

dropbox.com/s/gkoqrwc2ns9y1 ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Seems to through the above errors each time you publish to Windows 8. I've tried clearing out all 3rd party plugin's

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1
    • Step 2
    • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result

Errors listed above are produced when debugging with VS13

Expected Result

N javascript errors. Microsoft doesn't like that.;o)

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

I'm working on a Surface 3 tablet with all the latest updates

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 195 64 bit/Steam

• Is it only when you minify the script? If it is, I would export it without minifying it. It's not so bad doing that with Windows 8 because the app store compiles it to bytecode anyway.

• No Mepis,

No Minifying.

Even if I had I would have tried an export without it to try and find the problem.

I posted here to find out if I'm the only one or is it happening to everyone, or if there is just a solution somewhere out there.

thanks for the thought though,

• Is this actually causing you a problem with the game or are you just reporting messages in the Visual Studio console as a bug regardless of their impact?

• Ahh, sorry. I read the title fast and took the minified version of of Jquery as you minifying your project and having issues. I completely read that wrong. My mistake.

• Hi Ashley,

It seems to have an impact on IAP and the Windows8 plugin. I've tried both separately and neither works.

I did successfully package the game for the windows store but it would be nice to have the IAP plugins working.

You were right though. I did freak out before checking if it would package ok. The Microsoft package testing utility does tend to go ballistic with JavaScript errors.

cheers,

• Hi Ashly,

Just a further note. I forgot to mention earlier I published one of the tutorials, for path finding I think, and came up with the same errors. I was checking to see if it was just my file or not.

• The IAP plugin makes no use of jQuery at all, so I don't see how this could affect it at all. If you have a problem with IAP please report it separately following all the guidelines. Since it is not clear that this report actually causes any problem at all I am closing it.

• Ashley and aroderick

I have a related question. I am making a Windows 8.1 App (universal) and would like to know the usage of IAP object along with "Windows 8" object.

I see that some of the Function/Actions/Events in the Windows 8 object is similar to the IAP object.

Eg: "Request store listing" , "Purchase product", ", On successful purchase " etc

Does this mean, that when on Windows platform, I can just use W8 object's functionality instead of the default IAP object??

If not does IAP automatically detects IAPs on the Windows Store?

So confused

• I agree, it is confusing.

And not always easy to get information on.

I have noticed some of the articles on the Scirra site have been updated, (as they mention things like iOS 8 in an article dated 2012) but it would be nice if the dates were updated along with the article so you can be sure the information is current and you're not wasting time. I'd rather know how current the information is rather then when the article was originally posted. Things change quickly in programing.

I can't help you much, but in my searches for an answer to "in app purchases" I found the Metro plugin worked the best. At least in the last game I made.

Your question about IAP and windows 8. I believe they are two different systems that do similar things. So it's either or. I haven't gotten either of them to work in test mode in VS13 (4).

IAP plugin would be better if you were writing for multiple platforms.

The article below is from the guy that wrote the Metro Plugin. Which is probably as good a template as any for the order of doing things since Metro was based on the Windows 8 plugin, I believe.

c2metro.wordpress.com/2012/10/0 ... -revisted/

If you're doing a remove ads you could just go old school like I did and publish two versions of you app. One named "yourAppName" and one named "yourAppName Free"(this one has the ads of course). I use the same capx file. I just wrote a function to destroy all ad related objects, which I call from onStart, and comment out for the paid or ad free version.

I would include the windows 8 plugin though. You don't have to use it and it makes you the correct and pertinent charms bar web pages like privacy.html and about to get acceptance from the windows store. I think the windows export module is suppose to make these pages, but I don't think it does.

You can check out my game here. apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/p ... a6e6431f88

It just went live yesterday.

I don't think we should be posting here as this is off topic for this forum but I wanted to send you something. It's always good to know you're being heard.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks aroderick

I tried the Offical IAP with Android and it works fine. However there seems to be a bug that doesnt populate Prices from the store

and it doesnt "Consume" Consumable IAPs. They remain as Purchased products in store!

I am creating a separate bug report for this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)