Project Has lag Issues On Phone

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I made a game with construct 2 just one layout and event sheet and have exported it for phone gap, app mobi, and cocoonjs. They all have the same problem. The frame rate seems very low and makes the game look way too slow and laggy. It runs perfectly on the computer, but not on the phone. It is running android 2.3.5. Any ideas on what might be causing it?

• I have a similar problem (except 2.3.3). Even simple things like trying to type out text one letter at a time or scroll text boxes across the screen slow the app to a crawl, although there is no issue on the PC (perhaps obviously).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you read Performance Tips? Note this section:

b]You must test on mobile from the start. Your computer may be well over ten times faster than your mobile device. To avoid surprises test regularly on the intended device to make sure it is still running fast enough.

• Note this section:

b]You must test on mobile from the start. Your computer may be well over ten times faster than your mobile device. To avoid surprises test regularly on the intended device to make sure it is still running fast enough./QUOTE]

I don't think I could have gotten much more "from the start" than a few hours of work and a couple of text boxes... but okay. Maybe a game with no motion where you see how long you can stare at a white dot would be a more realistic goal for C2.

• You both said you're running version 2 of android - how old are your devices? Performance gains have been dramatic in the mobile area, so even having a device that's even a year and a half old can make a big difference. Also, as I've heard android 4 got a significant html5 speed boost as well.

Can you post your games? Did you at any point add physics to your project, even if you removed it later? You can try making a backup then deleting code and sprites bit by bit to find out what's hitting the frame rate. You can also try ranma's performance tips in the tutorial section (use the search in the tutorial section for performance).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)