LocalStorage bug in Firefox (up-to-date) with capx

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

The LocalStorage object doesn't work in Firefox (version 41.0b7, was the same with 39 and 40)

Attach a Capx

http://www.ID-Games.net/TesTLS/ (Your template says attach/upload I can't find a way to do this...what do I miss?)

Description of Capx

And empty project that "set" a LocalStorage object after 3 seconds and then verify if it's set and then "get" it.

The second line of text turn green when the item is "get" and show the key's value.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Add a LocalStorage Object and set one.
    • Step 2: On item set it...
    • Step 3 On item get it...

Observed Result

It works well in IE and Chrome but returns an error in Firefox. (see screenshots at the end of this post)

Expected Result

The item is "get" and the text return the value and turns green.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 (SP1)

Construct 2 Version ID

212.2 (64 bits)

Image showing the error msg in C2 Inspector:

(The inspector says that the LocalStorage is "Loading..." when I click on it in Firefox.)

Image showing the expected result:

• Closing as can't reproduce: it works correctly in Firefox Nightly here. As per the previous report it seems to be a Firefox bug, and one workaround is to create a new Firefox profile.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you tell me how to do this?

A real in-code workaround would have been great because...I can't ask all my visitors to create a new Firefox profile... :/ It's not really user-friendly...

No problem before with WebStorage...

• hello, construct 2 is still incompatible with firefox? I have the same problem

Something new thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)