When I upload a new version of a game (uploading every single of the game files and replacing the previous ones, even offline.appcache), many of my players still don't get a full update. The game shows an "update in progress..." message (checking if the game's updating through the browser plugin) as well as the current loadingprogress in percents, and it usually stops at some point and never finishes updating. So I told my players to refresh the page when that happens, but I was afraid that would only leave them with the older version of the game to play with. So I made a new dummy application just to test updating, and have tested it on 5 different computers, plus 1 smartphone, which means a great total of 11 browsers (mostly Firefox, but also Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Pale Moon and SeaMonkey), and my game just won't update. I tried refreshing, reloading, I tried uploading 4 different version of the game, and I also tried changing the version number, and even after all of this, the game still plays from the very first version that was loaded into cache, and never updates. This whole process has taken more than an hour now, so I take it as if the cache needed time to clear itself, it would have done it by now.
My games are hosted on Google Drive.
Attach a Capx
I can't really attach a project as it won't change things much since it needs to be uploaded, then changed, then uploaded again.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Creating a game
- Uploading it
- Playing it
- Changing the game
- Uploading it again with all of its files
- Playing it again
The game doesn't change after the first time you play, no matter a new version(s) have been uploaded since, or starts updating and is never able to complete the update.
The game updates correctly every time a new version is available.
- Chrome: (YES)
- FireFox: (YES)
- Internet Explorer: (YES)
- Safari : (YES)
- Pale Moon : (YES)
- SeaMonkey : (YES)
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7, Mac OS X, Windows XP
Construct 2 Version ID
r184 since I had script-minifying issues with r190 and was too short in time in a game creating project to deal with it.