Exporting HTML5 'Normal Style' does not centre the game

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi all,

I have a HTML5 project which is not set to scale full screen, and 'Use high-DPI display' is set to Yes.

Wondering if anyone has come across this issue before;

When exporting your project to HTML5, if you select 'Normal Style' it does not centre horizontally in your browser - it hugs the top left of the screen.

If you turn 'Use high-DPI display' to No, it then centres as expected.

Games look a lot better on my 4k monitor with the high DPI setting set to Yes, so would be good to know if anyone has had this before / knows of a fix.

Thanks

B

• Did you check the Unbounded Scrolling of the Layout?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had a look at that yea - the problem isn't with the scroll to behaviour, it's where the game window is positioned in the browser when you have full screen scaling set to off. for example; I have a game where the window size is 1280,720, no scaling, and when I export it in 'Normal Style' (which is supposed to centre the window in the middle of your browser) it hugs the top left corner instead. the problem is fixed when I turn the high dpi option to 'no' - which is not really a fix, more of a work around.

hope that makes sense.

• This is currently by design, so the game can be displayed correctly in an iframe.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)