Crashing on clone

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Problem Description

I'm experiencing C2 crashes on my projects (all of them) the problem manifests itself when attempting to clone an object. (in my case text objects/ text fields) As soon as I try to clone said object the game just crashes.

lets say I have 4 text fields on a layout and decided i want the second pair to be a different text object. I delete them and try to clone the actual object in the list (which in turn selects the two objects in the layout) then the game crashes.

Attach a Capx

Here's a capx

Description of Capx

This capx has a default setting and has several text objects instances of "Text" and one "Text2" with the description of what to do.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Click Text on object pannel
    • Step 2 Right click and select clone
    • Step 3 etc. Behold the fireworks of explosive crashy message.

Observed Result

I noticed if I'm on another layout without that object or in an event sheet when trying to clone the object it does not crash the program. It may have something to do with the selection.(i don't know why but this has been consistent so far)

I have also pinpointed that the bug/error/issue is happening more often from the objects panel than from the project panel.

Expected Result

C2 should just clone the object and not be crashy.

Affected Browsers

• C2 main editor interface.

Operating System and Service Pack

AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.30ghz

8gb Ram

Windows 8 64bit

Construct 2 Version ID

Version 205 this one

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce after fixing https://www.scirra.com/forum/dragging-from-object-tab-crashes-c2_t138019, so presumably a related issue and should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)