How do I get Firefox to display exported game correctly?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Recently purchased C2 and totally new to game development. I have spent a while going through the manuals, tutorials and forums and have not come across anything that would help me with this issue.

I developed a little word scramble game for 9 different languages. The letters used are stored in an alphabet array and were input manually (copy/paste)- there is a corresponding letter tile animation frame to each, ie, alphaArray letter A = letter tile animation frame 0, alphaArray letter B = animation frame 1, alphaArray letter  = animation frame 27, etc.

The puzzles are stored in a puzzle array (puzzle, solution, hint word) and were also input manually. Puzzle Array is cleared and populated when player selects a language. The words do not change so each time a language is selected, the same scrambled words for that language should come up in the same order

When I test this project using "Run Layout" and "Debug Layout" in IE 11, Chrome and Firefox 41.0.2 letter tiles display correctly for each language.

However:

Running the exported index.html file directly on the web (http://www.intlecorner.com/php/construc ... index.html):

• Firefox does not display correct letter tiles for any language;
    • IE 11 displays letter tiles correctly
    • Chrome displays letter tiles correctly

Running the exported index.html file embedded in an Iframe in a PHP file (http://www.intlecorner.com/games/christ ... ramble.php):

• Firefox does not display correct letter tiles for any language;
    • IE 11 displays letter tiles correctly
    • Chrome displays letter tiles correctly

Game was exported HTML5 using embed format. Each time, I delete all project files previously exported and upload the latest to my web host. I have repeatedly cleared the cache on Firefox to no avail.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction with this?

Thanks

Celine

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It looks okay to me in Firefox. I know you said you cleared the cache but make sure you clear 'Offline Website Data' as well. Or just check in private browsing mode to see if caching is the problem.

• That was it!!!! Thank you, thank you and thank you again. Clearing Offline Web Content took care of the problem

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)