Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • UnixRoot

Beautiful

• Yes that wonderful

1. When I set draw side to Front &Back from Front using event conditions, then I am unable to revert it to Front...It stays in Front& Back despite my event condition...

2. one more question if you know - If I have a cube and if I want each face to be a different color, can this be done if my model is a single cube.js file....any ideas how to do this?

• kmsravindra

1. Works for me, probably a bug with something else in your project.

2. Use a texture and set up uvs for each face to a different area of the texture, so they can be uniquely coloured.

Alternatively you can colour the faces individually in blender and use "model materials : Yes", but you need the proper plugins and stuff, and i'm not sure of the process, this might help: stack overflow question

• HI QuaziGNRLnose - great work on the plug-in! I'm finding it extremely useful and designer friendly

I am having a slight issue with the UV tiling, when I set a model's texture to tile instead of tiling the texture it stretches it across the rest of the model - do you know why this could be happening?

Besides that issue though I'm loving it! I'm looking forward to future updates (especially one that introduces cameras as a separate plugin).

Thanks for your help!

Nektanross

• You need to change the texture "st wrap", its defaulted to clamp to edge.

• Hello QuaziGNRLnose

In your update 2.3 of Q3d. You mentioned you included sprites now. Would this how you would go about making a 2.5d platformer? Or would sticking with the traditional 3d models be better? How would you go about creating a 2.5d platform game? Camera movement is easy as its restricted which I don't think I should have too much trouble on.

Thank you for your input and making this plugin such a great asset to Construct

• You can use whatever you want, play with the sprite plugin abd youll understand what it does.

• QuaziGNRLnose

I had lost my download link and password for my q3d I sent a PM to you

• Currently working on a 3D physics behavior for Q3D

should be the next big feature available in the next update

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice news.

By the way, would you mind to support minification in this awesome plugin?

• Interesting plugin.

Is it possible to add 3D objects to a 2D canvas as well? Or is there any similar plugin that does that?

• tunepunk

Not sure what you mean by 2D canvas. Do you mean Canvas2D instead of webGL ? Performance would be too poor, why do you even want this with the widespread current adoption of webGL across all browsers?

Joannesalfa

The fact Q3D is heavily reliant on external libraries, and has to share code between plugins / global namespace makes supporting minification using ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS very hard and very annoying. Once you export the project you could probably run the code through a less destructive minifier on your own if its REALLY that important to you. It's not a question of me minding to do it, it's just very difficult.

• Let me explain. I would like to put 3D sprites on a 2D background. Or have this plugin as a layer and any area not containing 3D graphics you would see the 2D graphics in the background.

For example: My background layer is a pre-rendered static monopoly-like board, on one layer, On top of this layer i would like to use some 3D elements moving around on this backgound. Is that doable with this plugin?

Example 2: My game level is made in 2D isometric but the characters in the game i would like to be real 3D.

So all in all. Is this plugin "see-through" so you can see graphics behind this layer?

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Commandos 2: Characters are realtime 3D but background is pre-rendered 3D

Doable?

• tunepunk

Yea, layered 2D and 3D like that is doable, theres even a Q3D sprite for zbufferred layering. You can make the 3D layer have "holes" too, or a transparent background, or place it below the 2D construct layer.

For a chessboard itd be better to just go full 3D.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)