Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Ubivis, without even looking at the capx, you're forgetting to set the "UV repeat" values of the texture to something higher than 1, also if your texture is not power of 2 the repeating wont work (it's a webGL thing i can do nothing about)

• It's an impressive work that you've done, and I wish you all the success you can get!

I just don't understand why? There are at dozens of free (and partly free) 3D engines out there, that do an even more impressive work. I don't think Q3D will or wants to compete with them. And C2 is a 2D game maker, optimized for 2D development. So everything 3D will have to overcome the 2D restrictions (I'm talking about the editor. What about 3D vectors, vector math, etc.). Doesn't seem to be really comfortable.

But maybe there are enough customers that prefer limited 3D in a 2D game maker instead of unlimited 3D in a free 3D engine?

Again, kill me, but I don't want to belittle your work. It's just so ... strange. I can't classify it.

• > Ubivis It might be a problem with the UV's of the model using texture repeat, and tif files aren't supported by browsers so try converting the textures to png. you might need to set "ST wrapping" to "repeat wrapping" on the texture you create for it to work properly i think for this model, but even then it might not look right because of the specific engine this model was made for or program this file was exported from so you may have to fix the uv's yourself somehow in blender.

>

Converting to png was the first step I did.

I will try to recreate the texture with blender... so far, works great. What I got so far is an editor where I can place houses (at the moment, just cubes as long I really understand the model loading) in real time and saving it as a json file to reload my design.

quest : how do u save as json in blender?

• It's an impressive work that you've done, and I wish you all the success you can get!

I just don't understand why? There are at dozens of free (and partly free) 3D engines out there, that do an even more impressive work. I don't think Q3D will or wants to compete with them. And C2 is a 2D game maker, optimized for 2D development. So everything 3D will have to overcome the 2D restrictions (I'm talking about the editor. What about 3D vectors, vector math, etc.). Doesn't seem to be really comfortable.

But maybe there are enough customers that prefer limited 3D in a 2D game maker instead of unlimited 3D in a free 3D engine?

Again, kill me, but I don't want to belittle your work. It's just so ... strange. I can't classify it.

For me it is simply the accessibility. Took me just 1 day of work to get into the Plugin and have good results. I tried UDK and Unity, but have not got used to it, way too difficult to handle for me alone and my really spare time (as a family father and a normal day by day job, I don't have much time to work on my projects).

• >

> >

> > quest : how do u save as json in blender?

> >

>

Don't look any further, just go here:

https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/tree ... rs/blender

• tulamide you are so right

• tulamide

Construct is much more accessible than any of the available 3D engines out there. The editor is fine for mocking things up in a top down or sidescroller view, and if someone really needed extensive 3D level design they could make a very simple editor.

Making something like tiny tank in vanilla three.js or even babylon would have taken longer than it took me with my plugin, and been much more annoying to prototype ideas with. Construct works really well for doing work quickly, something all other available engines do a lot worse in. Also, i made this plugin so that i could be more productive making 3D html5 content, and there's really nothing else like it around, especially not with the flexibility of constructs event system. There's a lot of engines and i don't think Q3D is trying to compete with them as it has its own specific niche. Saying that it isn't useful is the same as arguing construct isn't because you could use unity 2D. It's just so much easier to get things going than anywhere else, and i feel i can make that true for 3D aswell as i add enough features.

• Well said

• QuaziGNRLnose

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I never said it isn't useful. I said I couldn't classify it, so there you are arguing against someone else.

I don't see why building a 3D game (or a partly 3D game) would be easier in the 2D game editor C2, when you have to first program your own 3D editor, as you stated? Isn't that what other 3D engines already offer?

"making 3D html5 content, and there's really nothing else like it around"

That's not true. For example, Unreal works very well in HTML5/WebGL. Or what about this one? But I agree that Construct's event system is more accessible.

But enough of that. I said I couldn't classify it. Thanks to your answer I now can.

• tulamide, thanks for the PlayCanvas link. Another toy to play with!

• QuaziGNRLnose : plug-in bought to support your work and interested in trying to make mahjong 3d and dungeon crawler ( Ubivis ^^ )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well Unreal Engine 4 can publish to html5 aswell. And the new Blueprintsystem(Visual Scripting System like in C & C2) is very cool and powerful. You can do 3D and 2D or mix it if you want. As an 3D (or 2D alternative) UE 4 is the better choice.

C2 is in my eye's the way to get in Game Design. Its easy to understand and still very powerful and capable of great games creation.

• I'm currently working on collision detection and response for simple primitives, I've implemented the broad-phase using a spatial hashing scheme similar to what construct uses.

• tulamide

if someone really needed extensive 3D level design they could make a very simple editor.

QuaziGNRLnose

Is this something you plan on creating as an example for us in the future?

• > tulamide

> if someone really needed extensive 3D level design they could make a very simple editor.

>

QuaziGNRLnose

Is this something you plan on creating as an example for us in the future?

Well it'd be game specific, but all you really need is to save position/scale/rotation stuff and make a simple loader. I might make an example but i rather keep working on extending the feature set of the plugin right now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)