[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Can I get a video tutorial

to use this plugin?

• Can I get a video tutorial

to use this plugin?

its good idea i need to a video too

• i cant do this how can ı do

• it needs an update to support WP8.1.

some actions doesn't work on WP8.1~ like Rate App, etc~

• First of all, congratulation Thehen for your Windows Phone plugin!

I've downloaded it but i don't know where to install it. Inside the zip file there is 4 folders: Example, Plugin, Project and Windows Phone Plugin, and Inside this last one there is another 3 folders: Example, Plugin, Project. I really don't know where to put all this folders, sry...

I know the path must be inside the Construct 2 folder>Exporters>HTML 5>Plugin, so I've tried to place all the files there but when startig C2 it gives me an error. Probably it should be placed on different locations (duh!)

Would someone mind to explain me where should i place each of these folders, please? I've read the 'Windows Phone Games with Construct 2" tutorial, but as i don't know how to make it work, i couldn't follow it.

Thanks in advance!

• artbava This is a very old plugin and will most probably only increase your headaches as it has to been built for WP8

Have your tried Universal Export (2012)?

Just remember that WP8.1 has some serious Audio bug issues that crashes the game when too many audio files are played at once.

My honest suggest would be to put your efforts of developing games for Windows 10 (including Mobile). More than 110 Million people have upgarded to Windows 10. Thats a huge number in just 2-3 months of release.

• Thank you very much SamRock for your answer!

I have a windows phone 8.1, but the update is not yet available in my country. Soon it will be, i'm sure. But for now i can't test my game sounds. My WP8.1 do not play any sounds at all! I'm not sure, but i think that the problem is WP8.1 can't play any of the default sounds created by C2. Isn't it? So i'll be glad if WP10 could. Do you know if WP10 will play game sounds properly? Or we will need a workaround like this?

Btw, i never tried this Universal Export you mention. I'll take a look at it.

Thanks again!

• artbava

WP8.1 does play sound, you need to ensure you have the sound files .MP4 format.

W10 is awesome and much faster than Chrome. It can improved performance and can play any number sounds as well

• Thanks for the reply!

Do you mean m4a? Cause if it is, it is already on my project sounds folder, but it just not playing on my WP8.1.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • artbava

Yes M4a sorry

Not sure whats going on.. Have you tried on Visual Studio Emulator? Does it play there? Recently C2 had some audio related issues.

I assume you are not using Henry plugin... because it requires the files to be in .WAV format.

If possible try installing an older version of C2 and exporting your game.

• I've tested on an Iphone and it plays all the sounds. I've read that sounds still not working properly in WP8.1...but i'll do what you suggested, and wait for WP10 update. Hope it will work then. Thank you very much for your time and attention!

• I've tested on an Iphone and it plays all the sounds. I've read that sounds still not working properly in WP8.1...but i'll do what you suggested, and wait for WP10 update. Hope it will work then. Thank you very much for your time and attention!

You can infact already start your development for W10. Its now truly Universal, meaning you dont need separate build for PC and Phone.

If you dont have Windows 10 yet, I suggest you apply for Windows Insider Program and download the Technical Preview (free). After you installed W10, you can get the Visual Studio Community Edition (Free again) to start build W10 Apps!!

• Wonderful work thanks

• SamRock

How are you building the "Last of the Survivors"? With Intel XDK?

• SamRock

How are you building the "Last of the Survivors"? With Intel XDK?

I use it only for Android. Do you want to know the steps for Android?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)