[plugin] rex_tmx_importer_v2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Guif0DA

My tmx_import_v2 plugin also could be an array structure. Call "Condition:For each tile at logic XY" to get properties of tiles at logic X,Y. (sample capx). It could co-work with my logic mask plugin to create tiles in a small area around character.

• Guif0DA

My tmx_import_v2 plugin also could be an array structure. Call "Condition:For each tile at logic XY" to get properties of tiles at logic X,Y. (sample capx). It could co-work with my logic mask plugin to create tiles in a small area around character.

well I got confused with how to storage the info into your array, tryed with json files, got some erros... my file is very simple, it's just a .txt file with numbers in a 2 dimensional grid, for example:

i already made the codes and it's working pretty well with good FPS, my only problem right now is the CPU being kinda high with my current code, it's consuming like 40% of CPU which isn't a good number I guess, I will try to tweak it to make it better and see if I can get 20~25% cpu usage

• Guif0DA

If you edit map in tiled editor, then you could load map by tmx importer v2. Otherwise, an official array or other datastorage which could index by 2 keys ( X/Y ) is fine, they all could work with my logic mask plugin.

• I limited the 'area' of the scan to be added into array so now it consumes CPU for just a little moment and then it stops, when the character moves or after a waiting time it scans again around him, this helped a lot with the CPU problem, I guess I'm on the right track... BUT I'm only generating the ground sprites, I need to think about the above things, like trees, etc, doing a second scan for the above objects will be a problem

• Guif0DA

If you edit map in tiled editor, then you could load map by tmx importer v2. Otherwise, an official array or other datastorage which could index by 2 keys ( X/Y ) is fine, they all could work with my logic mask plugin.

Yes I edit the map with tiled editor, but I'm creating an isometric map and transforming the data into an isometric game in the C2

• rexrainbow

hi,rex,i have a questions about tmx_importerV2.

in tmx_importer have a reset tilemap fuction,when i load a json and set to tilemap is work well.

the questions is,when the layout have more than 1 tilemap object(tilemapA,B,C.....),the reset tilemap fuction always reset the same tilemapA,I can not reset other tilemap,how can i set it? i try pick by uid,pick all,but always reset same tilemap(3times),I will try family later, thank a lot.

• corpvs2

I had fixed it, please download this plugin and try again.

• rexrainbow

hi,it perfect now,thank very much!!!

• rexrainbow

hi rex,a simple question,

can i use the "on each tile"or "TMXImporterV2.TileProp",on tilemap mode?or just can use in tile mode?

thank a lot.

• rexrainbow

hi rex,a simple question,

can i use the "on each tile"or "TMXImporterV2.TileProp",on tilemap mode?or just can use in tile mode?

thank a lot.

Retrieve tile array or expression tile2prop will not create any sprite, they just read data from tmx string. Therefor they could be used with tilemap object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > rexrainbow

> hi rex,a simple question,

> can i use the "on each tile"or "TMXImporterV2.TileProp",on tilemap mode?or just can use in tile mode?

> thank a lot.

>

Retrieve tile array or expression tile2prop will not create any sprite, they just read data from tmx string. Therefor they could be used with tilemap object.

hi thank a lot.

• rexrainbow

Is there a way to get the image used in on an object if it's from a tileset? Does TMXImporterV2.TilesetName & TMXImporterV2.TilesetFrame work for objects?

• digitalsoapbox

I had re-wrote documents of these plugin, please check them in the first post.

Tileset name is "Expression:TilesetName", frame index is "Expression:Frame".

• rexrainbow

Looking through the documents, it looks like the object doesn't return what tileset image it's using? Or am I reading it wrong? Is there an object equivalent to TIlesetName & Frame that I'm not seeing? And is object flip/mirror supported?

• digitalsoapbox

Path of image is Expression:ImageSource. And Expression:TilesetName , Expression:Frame also could be used.

"flip/mirror" features are "Expression:IsMirrored", "Expression:IsFlipped", returns 1 if flip/mirror

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)