[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • aminhanifm

I guess you try to change actor name while client is joined to a room.

This is not possible currently. Actor name is changed locally but not updated on other clients. Actor name is used only during room creation and room join. So you need to rejoin to force actor name update on other clients.

• aminhanifm

I guess you try to change actor name while client is joined to a room.

This is not possible currently. Actor name is changed locally but not updated on other clients. Actor name is used only during room creation and room join. So you need to rejoin to force actor name update on other clients.

So i have main menu that containing setting to my actor name, then after pressing join random room, it brings my actor name to the random room. for the first time, it's working fine for other actor to see my actor name, then after i leave the room to change my actor name then rejoin the room, my name appears to same like the old one.

If i need to update on other clients, how to do that exactly ? because i followed photon-test.capx to use this naming actor event.

• aminhanifm

Actor name is not updated on rejoin with the same actor number. Only new join updates the name. I meant new join when wrote "rejoin".

We will hopefully fix this in the next release.

• aminhanifm

Actor name is not updated on rejoin with the same actor number. Only new join updates the name. I meant new join when wrote "rejoin".

We will hopefully fix this in the next release.

Ahh that's why it doesn't working even i tried to change actor name many times after once joining.

We will be waiting for the next release, Thanks !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, until now I use the free edition, I would like to know when the server is full.

How can I know when the server no longer accepts games?

• PabloDev

If ccu limit is reached, new clients will be refused to connect. Unfortunately, the server does not send any specific error in such case.

• Wow, just read through all comments and pleasantly surprised to see recent activity. So maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

My Game (A very basic MMO): Player 1 starts a layout, randomly places 5 trees, goes to second layout and places 3 more trees. Player 2 joins and does the same thing.. Player 3 etc...

What is the best way to get all previously created objects and display for player 2 and 3, and potentially update when objects are removed. Should the master store all items/changes in an array (uid, x, y, layout) and then generate on every new join?

I know this will spawn many problems for me so hoping someone can give me general tips.

Thanks in advance! and ThePhotons Good job BTW

• Anyway, is it possible to create waiting for other players to finish loading layout and after finished they send finish signal to the players that already finished loading at first? so they can play althogether.

Because im having trouble with some potatoes device, the first actor that has faster loading and send to nobody because he finished the loader than this potatoes device which still loading to gameplay layout.

• ThePhotons

I wonder how to measures my latency / ping ? and is it even possible ?

If yes, can i show latency / ping to other players ?

• BronzeBeardGames

Static objects can be handled in different ways. The simplest would be to store object positions in the room properties. Any client may add or change these properties and they are automatically updated on all other clients.

• ThePhotons I knew waiting for an answer would help! Thanks alot, that's much simpler than arrays!

• aminhanifm

Layout loading:

If you join a room after layout has been loaded, the "finish" signal would be "on actor join" event. You can simply check the current number of players in the room in this handler.

Latency:

To measure round trip time to the server, send an event to yourself (specify client actor id in TargetActors).

The same works for rtt to players. Send and event and reply to it back to sender.

• aminhanifm

Layout loading:

If you join a room after layout has been loaded, the "finish" signal would be "on actor join" event. You can simply check the current number of players in the room in this handler.

Latency:

To measure round trip time to the server, send an event to yourself (specify client actor id in TargetActors).

The same works for rtt to players. Send and event and reply to it back to sender.

I got it work for waiting for other players, thanks !

But i have another question for this rtt, should i use construct 3 built-in addons like platforminfo plugin to measure rtt of my latency ? then send this latency to myself ? or photon plugin itself has an ability for this ? sorry it's hard to understand for me to measure this rtt..

• aminhanifm

You need to get the current time t0 (not sure what is the best way to do so in ConstructX), send an event, receive it, get the current time again and subtract t0 from it. The result will be round trip time, that is the time required to transmit the signal to the server and back.

• aminhanifm

You need to get the current time t0 (not sure what is the best way to do so in ConstructX), send an event, receive it, get the current time again and subtract t0 from it. The result will be round trip time, that is the time required to transmit the signal to the server and back.

So i need to make variable "t0" then set this variable to my current time every tick, then send an event with t0 data to my own actor for every second, after getting it i need to substract t0 to photon.eventdata ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)