[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • ThePhotons

Are you sure you put an app id? Told you i removed it.

Anyway i can't put that conditions cause, on project i would create, i won't guest to create rooms.

• Bug: On construct 3 runtime export the project don't work with checked minify script!

• Thanks macube. Guess have to use built in MP while this gets fixed.

• macube

Bug: On construct 3 runtime export the project don't work with checked minify script!

Please download and try updated SDK version.

• SOLVED, is photon.ActorNr

Hi, I think there is a way to access the actor number from which an event has been received.

How do I find out the actor who sent an event?

• ThePhotons

Hi, I' am very interested by this plugin but few questions :

1. Multiplayer work on many layout or it's better to do all (the game) on the same layout? My game is like a naval battle game or chess game.

2. In Scirra multiplayer plugin, only local variable that I want to share with other player are share with the module "send message". Can I do the same thing with your plugin ? I have no character in my game only a board.

3. In the scirra plugin if the host disconnects the game is over. Here I would like to make sure that if one of the two players disconnects he can continue to play until one decides to leave the game or no longer plays for a while. Is it easy to set up? How can I save local variables from each player and keep safe on both player side all the values?.

4. What is the best plan if I have 500 players online and what is the cost ?

5. I cannot find the way to download plugin... photonengine.com/-sdkchatconstruct2 and the download link doesn't work.... (I suppose C2 plugin is also compatible with C3?)

6. Do you have c3 examples or only c2 examples ?

• the Mnk

Hi, I think there is a way to access the actor number from which an event has been received.

How do I find out the actor who sent an event?

Hi,

Photon.ActorNr is the number of actor who sent an event.

• TILK

1. Multiplayer work on many layout or it's better to do all (the game) on the same layout? My game is like a naval battle game or chess game.

Layout count does not make any difference. Single Photon object is always available in event sheets.

2. In Scirra multiplayer plugin, only local variable that I want to share with other player are share with the module "send message". Can I do the same thing with your plugin ? I have no character in my game only a board.

Photon plugin mostly provides a way to send messages with event number and string event payload to other players joined to the same room. To share local variable, you need to send its value as it changes and update values on other clients from message payload. In some cases you may find 'room properties' or 'actor properties' more convenient to share a value.

3. In the scirra plugin if the host disconnects the game is over. Here I would like to make sure that if one of the two players disconnects he can continue to play until one decides to leave the game or no longer plays for a while. Is it easy to set up? How can I save local variables from each player and keep safe on both player side all the values?.

Join action has 'rejoin' parameter which allows to rejoin with the same ActorNr as client had before unintended disconnect or 'Suspend' operation. Call 'Set suspended player live time' before room creation: client will be able to rejoin only during specified time in seconds after disconnection. 'Set empty room live time' action sets the time during which room exists after last player left the room allowing rejoins .

4. What is the best plan if I have 500 players online and what is the cost ?

photonengine.com/en/realtime/pricing

500 ccu for $95/month

5. ...(I suppose C2 plugin is also compatible with C3?)

There is C3 version of plugin in SDK package.

6. Do you have c3 examples or only c2 examples ?

Provided examples work with c2 and c3.

• Hello, which mode is correct to indicate the region of the client ?.

When a client connects to my game a map appears and the client selects their region, is this a good idea? Or should I look for games in all regions.

• When a client connects to my game a map appears and the client selects their region, is this a good idea? Or should I look for games in all regions.

Setting correct region for Photon client leads to better ping. So if ping is important for your game, let player choose region. Otherwise you can use single region letting players from different regions play together.

• ThePhotons What happens if you reach the CCU max?

Is it possible to add a "->On server full" condition? So we can show a message to the user if this would ever happen, or how is it supposed to be handled?

• If CCU max exceeded, server reject join operation and returns operation error code 32757.

Use Photon.ErrorCode action to get last operation error code.

Other possible error codes:

OPERATION_DENIED = -3

OPERATION_INVALID = -2

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR = -1

OK = 0

INVALID_AUTHENTICATION = 32767

GAME_ID_ALREADY_EXISTS = 32766

GAME_FULL = 32765

GAME_CLOSED = 32764

ALREADY_MATCHED = 32763

SERVER_FULL = 32762

USER_BLOCKED = 32761

NO_MATCH_FOUND = 32760

GAME_DOES_NOT_EXIST = 32758

MAX_CCU_REACHED = 32757

INVALID_REGION = 32756

CUSTOM_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED = 32755

AUTHENTICATION_TOKEN_EXPIRED = 32753

PLUGIN_REPORTED_ERROR = 32752

PLUGIN_MISMATCH = 32751

JOIN_FAILED_PEER_ALREADY_JOINED = 32750

JOIN_FAILED_FOUND_INACTIVE_JOINER = 32749

JOIN_FAILED_WITH_REJOINER_NOT_FOUND = 32748

JOIN_FAILED_FOUND_EXCLUDED_USER_ID = 32747

JOIN_FAILED_FOUND_ACTIVE_JOINER = 32746

HTTP_LIMIT_REACHED = 32745

EXTERNAL_HTTP_CALL_FAILED = 32744

SLOT_ERROR = 32742

INVALID_ENCRYPTION_PARAMETERS = 32741

• As far as I understand raise event data is always STRING.

Is it possible to optimize event data with ints and bools?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • fens

Photon can send arbitrary js data (basic types, objects and arrays) but Construct2 does not support anything aside strings and numbers as far as I know.

So we could send single number payload w/o conversion to string but this will make api more complicated while benefit is questionable.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)