[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • the Mnk - you could use a function everywhere there's an event call instead to do the same thing locally.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi the Mink

Hello, is it possible to simulate the reception of an event?

"Offline" mode is not supported by Photon js sdk and therefore by Photon Scirra plugin.

• Hello, another question, is there any data limit in the free plan?

I am doing tests and sending some information to each tick it seems that there was some problem, then I thought maybe I was exceeding some limit imposed in the free plan.

Well, I just wanted to make sure.

I'm seeing this but I'm not sure.

• Hello, what is the best way to synchronize two objects ?.

Suppose you have two platforms that go up and down, the two players (1 vs 1) have to have the platforms in the same place at each moment.

• tunepunk

Hi, how often should the lag be checked?

• I don't really check for lag. I did some testing and photon performs good enough in most cases. Not worth spending a lot of time on. To minimize perceived lag lag between users i usually don't move my own character until i get the move event myself. That way the difference between my client and other clients with similar ping should be quite minimal. Most connected clients have very similar ping.

Then again ... my philosophy is.... if your connection sucks... go play single player games instead. I don't wanna waste time and energy on users that don't have a decent connection. They should not play multiplayer games... and make the experience bad for others. I even thought about a ping restriction. Implementing a simple ping checker event and if average ping ping > 300, kick them out of multiplayer...

Harsh but it's the same as trying to make a game designed for high end gaming machines try to run them on a 5 year old laptop. If I can't guarantee you will have a good experience ( low lag/ping )playing multiplayer, i rather not have them play at all.

• I don't really check for lag. I did some testing and photon performs good enough in most cases. Not worth spending a lot of time on. To minimize perceived lag lag between users i usually don't move my own character until i get the move event myself. That way the difference between my client and other clients with similar ping should be quite minimal. Most connected clients have very similar ping.

Then again ... my philosophy is.... if your connection sucks... go play single player games instead. I don't wanna waste time and energy on users that don't have a decent connection. They should not play multiplayer games... and make the experience bad for others. I even thought about a ping restriction. Implementing a simple ping checker event and if average ping ping > 300, kick them out of multiplayer...

Harsh but it's the same as trying to make a game designed for high end gaming machines try to run them on a 5 year old laptop. If I can't guarantee you will have a good experience ( low lag/ping )playing multiplayer, i rather not have them play at all.

Thanks for the information and for expressing your opinion.

I think I'm going to do some of that.

I will simply show a text indicating that your connection has> 300 lag.

Can you give me the link to your online game ?.

Did you implement a menu to select the region ?.

• the Mink

Hello, another question, is there any data limit in the free plan?

I am doing tests and sending some information to each tick it seems that there was some problem, then I thought maybe I was exceeding some limit imposed in the free plan.

Free plan should work as described.

What happens exactly? What errors do you have in log? When sending a lot, it may be just exceeding connection bandwidth.

• the Mink

> Hello, another question, is there any data limit in the free plan?

> I am doing tests and sending some information to each tick it seems that there was some problem, then I thought maybe I was exceeding some limit imposed in the free plan.

Free plan should work as described.

What happens exactly? What errors do you have in log? When sending a lot, it may be just exceeding connection bandwidth.

Well ... my upload speed is 4 megabytes.

I only send one string (5 characters) and one integer (for flags).

I can not overcome the bandwidth with that, in fact, I think any connection today should be able to process that data.

The problem is that the connection was cut, I got the feeling that I was passing some data limit imposed by photon but ... I no longer use that mode, now I send data every 0.1 seconds and I have no problems.

But thanks for yout time and attention.

• Hi, i've decided to use this plugin for my project.

It's really cool, but i think i find an error.

As i'm seeing, all use autojoin code to enter on room, but what if an Admin create room and a Guest would join only after room created in the specific room?

Well i tryed a capx, Admin succesfull to create room, but Guest can't join, this is the error that shows up as prompt:

Javascript error!

Uncaught Error: Client: Master:[203]PhotonPeer[_send] - Operation 226 -failed, "isConnected" is false, "isClosing" is false!

localhost/Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js, line 7(col 129)

This may be a bug in construct 2 or third party plugin or behavior please report dev..ThePhotons

• Hi Huyax

The error means that client is not connected to the server.

Can you provide reproduction steps? Which project did you try?

• Try it.(i have removed App ID for some reason),let me know if i miss something but it's totally the same when i put random join.

drive.google.com/file/d/1AGViN5Gd3UdTI5CjHpyv-aSJkryNNqb5/view

• Huyax

Try what? I see 1 text field and 3 buttons when run the app.

• ThePhotons

Oh, tought you give a look on events, nvm i'll explain how it works.

Log as "Host": write on text box " asd ", tap "log in" and next "join room"(in this case you will create room).

Log as "Guest":write on text box a name different by " asd ", tap "log in" and next "join room"(during join room you will find the error)

• Huyax

I can't reproduce exact error you reported. In most cases I got "Operation 226 error: Game does not exist (32758)".

I would suggest you using 'Join Room" action with "Create If Not Exists" options enabled for both creation and joining.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)