[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Does the photon plugin still support on premise servers(if it was ever supported)?

Yes. Set Photon object HostType property to "Self Hosted" and specify server address in SelfHostedAddress property.

• > Trying to sync name to other player with this event....

>

>

The image is not displayed for me. Probably permission issue.

You can use "Set my actor name" action and ActorNameByNr expression to set and get players names.

here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fEdZPLUThv25R4hMpZ5tJsx4grj8F9tP

• Lasmelan turn on wss instead of ws

Zoussu how about this https://puu.sh/yLCOq/a6fab3f648.capx

• ThePhotons I was watching a video by the cto behind Albion online and he mentioned

Is the current c2 plugin capable of doing such a thing,I know that the current ways of sending data are

but could we somehow use the Others option along with a array to send data to things only within a certain range?

• >

> > Trying to sync name to other player with this event....

> >

> >

> The image is not displayed for me. Probably permission issue.

> You can use "Set my actor name" action and ActorNameByNr expression to set and get players names.

>

here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fEdZPLUThv25R4hMpZ5tJsx4grj8F9tP

As far as I see, you raise an event to broadcast player name but do not handle this event on other clients.

As I wrote, using built-in player name or player properties would be much simpler.

• ThePhotons I was watching a video by the cto behind Albion online and he mentioned

Is the current c2 plugin capable of doing such a thing,I know that the current ways of sending data are

but could we somehow use the Others option along with a array to send data to things only within a certain range?

You can use built-in C2 features to select the players that are nearby, set the Receivers dropdown to "Others" and supply the Photon ActorIDs of the selected players in the TargetActors field.

• Phacanu digitalsoapbox

Another option may be dividing game field in interest areas and assigning interest group to each. Subscribe player to interest group as he enters and unsubscribe as he leaves the area ("Change groups" action). In event, specify interest group which area better matches player position.

• Phacanu digitalsoapbox

Another option may be dividing game field in interest areas and assigning interest group to each. Subscribe player to interest group as he enters and unsubscribe as he leaves the area ("Change groups" action). In event, specify interest group which area better matches player position.

That seems like it would be more useful for something like a board game where interest groups would be more likely to remain static than what was being asked about, which is more about selecting remote Player objects around the local Player's position. Unless I'm missing something? Does dividing the playfield by interest areas also work dynamically? I haven't spent much time w/ interest areas so any additional insight would be appreciated.

• ThePhotons i would also like a little more insight into interest groups,the example capx are good and they cover about everything except interest groups

digitalsoapbox Yea that's exactly what i meant,selecting only the players within a certain area around the player to send information too

• ThePhotons i would also like a little more insight into interest groups,the example capx are good and they cover about everything except interest groups

digitalsoapbox Yea that's exactly what i meant,selecting only the players within a certain area around the player to send information too

Then just compare the distance of the players from the distance of the player you're checking against. Look up distance() in the C2 manual to see how it works, it's pretty straightforward.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • digitalsoapbox I already created a system for that https://streamable.com/42221,in this case it's for rendering but yea it looks like it can easily be used for this too

• Your distance implementation is severely lacking in oversight, none of the players will see each-other and so have nothing to calculate distance with. Hence interest groups. For instance groups, you can send your location to rounding your position to the nearest like 256 multiple or seomthing , and then choosing the nearest 8 cells, looking up the cell's interest zone in a dictionary that you made by indexing all of the possible cells, putting those interest zones when you send your event.

Then comes the hard part of creating and deleting players when you enter new interest zones and leave them and looking up their player data and appearance without having everyone pop in and out of existence and making sure someone isn't out of another player'S interest zone and attempting to shoot at them offscreen but not creating any bullets or things like that

• Your distance implementation is severely lacking in oversight, none of the players will see each-other and so have nothing to calculate distance with. Hence interest groups. For instance groups, you can send your location to rounding your position to the nearest like 256 multiple or seomthing , and then choosing the nearest 8 cells, looking up the cell's interest zone in a dictionary that you made by indexing all of the possible cells, putting those interest zones when you send your event.

Then comes the hard part of creating and deleting players when you enter new interest zones and leave them and looking up their player data and appearance without having everyone pop in and out of existence and making sure someone isn't out of another player'S interest zone and attempting to shoot at them offscreen but not creating any bullets or things like that

None of that's really necessary if the only important variable for gameplay is the distance of other players from the local player. Whether or not they can "see" each other can be handled locally.

None of the players would see each other if the data area is small,but if the data area is big enough to cover the players screen then expand outwards a little bit it should be fine,since the players would pop into the users interest area before appearing directly on screen,thus preventing players just popping in and out of the users active view range

• ThePhotons Will we be able to get access to the self hosted variable via the eventsheet in the future? with the current set up you can only connect to one server unless you build multiple games just for a location so i dont think that'd work in full on production.

And i read that

[quote:9t5de3sa]Several client libraries have built-in "Network Traffic Stats" that should help you to answer these questions.

will that also be available for js/c2 ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)