[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hi Demkamen,

Do you use secure websocket for connection? Check 'Ptrotocol' property of Photon object.

• Hi, how to remove the photon extension?

Remove it the same way as any other extension. See C2 documentation. I guess deleting Photon files should be enough.

To remove extension from a project, delete Photon object.

• [quote:1j6r9qnk]Hi Demkamen,

Do you use secure websocket for connection? Check 'Ptrotocol' property of Photon object.

Hi, thanks. Understand now. If I change it to wcc, players which use wcc version won't play with wc? Or it doesn't matter? One more question. Will game embed as iframe using http, be able to use wcc photon?

[quote:1j6r9qnk]Remove it the same way as any other extension. See C2 documentation. I guess deleting Photon files should be enough.

To remove extension from a project, delete Photon object..

No. I did it. It instal not like other plugins, and for completly remove, need to remove this plugin from document and settings

• If I change it to wcc, players which use wcc version won't play with wc? Or it doesn't matter?

The protocol is used to connect a server. So Photon clients can play with each other even they use different protocols (ws, wss, tcp, udp) or sdks (js and c2, c#, c++, lua...)[quote:1prei3kr]

One more question. Will game embed as iframe using http, be able to use wcc photon?

We did not test such scenario. Just try it.

• not sir, i don't use cocoon io, to me is pointless the existence of it because it's a lucrative business and we're aimed to the economy, i think photon work with any third party render canvas since photon code is exported in the main javascript of the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • how to make real leaderbord like io

• Why I can't login to photon dashboard? it always say that Captcha answer cannot be empty, but I cannot find any captcha box here :/

Its fixed now

• I can't get custom properties to work, maybe I missed something.

When a player joins or leave I do:

Set custom property "team1" of my room to Team1Count

Set custom property "team2" of my room to Team2Count

When I log to console int(Photon.PropertyOfMyRoom("team1")) I get the correct value.

When I get the room list I want to check team1 and team2 values before joining a room.

I do a System.Repeat on Photon.RoomCount

and tried to log

int(Photon.RoomProperty(Photon.RoomNameAt(loopindex), "team1"))

or

int(Photon.RoomProperty("team1", Photon.RoomNameAt(loopindex)))

but I always get 0.

Are the parameters wrong or is it something else?

Thanks a lot!

• VincentS

To be able read room property in a room list (in the lobby), you need to mark property as visible in the lobby during room creation. For that, before creating a room, call "Set props listed in lobby" action with comma-separated list of properties names you want to see.

• Thanks, also I had a space after after the comma which would make my second property ignored btw.

• Hello there,

ThePhotons i would like to say a big thanks for this great plugin,

Then i would like to ask some question for know if what i would like to achieve was possible or not with your plugin ^^

1 - After Login ( For this part i use Firebase ^^ ) all players enter in a global HUB where they can chat or create/see party/room to join ( For this i know it's possible and i know how to achieve it it's more for understand the other things i need ^^' ... )

2 - When players enter or create a room ( 4 players max ) they start on a layout where they have to select a level but i would like to offer the possibility to all players can choose and not only the host something like :

Player 1 select level 2 accept or decline

And when all the players have accept they go to the selected layout, else they stay on the "select level" layout and need to do it again ...

3 - The last problem was my "Selected Level" layout have some random properties/stats and when the players finish the "level" layout and they come back to the "Selected Level" Layout, i need to update the previous one with the same stats/properties for all the 4 players in this room.

So bassically All players are on a hub > They form a "group" of 4 players max in a room > They play together, select level and enter in level until they leave the "party"

1 was not hard to complete and already done, but for the 2 and the 3 step i have some problem.

I hope this can be done and wait for your help =)

Thanks to everyone

Happy Making.

• Hi oOScuByOo

2. Try room and player properties. These properties are synchronized automatically among clients connected to the room as soon as any player updates the property. For instance, level selected by a player or flag set if he accepts the given level can be represented by player property. The currently voted or played level is a room property.

Also you can keep entire game state in game properties. This is the simplest way to synchronize it (assuming that it doesn't change very frequently).

3. I think you can have global object persisting while layout changes.

Or use room properties again. The Photon objects remains the same during layout changes. So you can keep state in room properties if you are in the same room while switching between "Selected Level" layout and "level".

• ThePhotons

I notice that in Photon region list are 2 new regions "Russia - Moscow - ru" and "Russia, East - Khabarovsk - rue". Please add this regions in plugin...

Photon link https://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtim ... ce/regions

• We will add it next plugin release. In case you need it urgently, use "Set region" to set arbitrary region,

• Yo ThePhotons Construct 3 breaks on minifying with the photon plugin in the project

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)