[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hey Tobias , thanks for the response but Im not sure its something I'm doing seeing as Construct 2 bascially doesnt allow you to "fuckup" writing syntax [...] I,only have yes or no as my choices [...]

so heres how it goes down : the Host can shut the room. this breaks all the clients in the room except the host . the host is fine. If any client leaves , he can not make a game until he toggles the IsOpen boolen , ( doesnt even matter if hes in a room or not ) and that fixes the error and hes free to create games again .. i think whatever the host sends the clients to tell them to shut the room has a bug in it

I was not entirely aware that you don't write any code in Construct 2. Good to understand that.

That means there is a bug in our plugin, because the server does get a wrong kind of value where it should get bool (true/false). That much is clear from the error you posted above.

Closing a room means that no players can join anymore (once the server got your close command). The server updates the other clients in a room that this room is now closed but that does not mean clients should use this value when creating a new room.

Thanks to your analysis, I would say: Somehow the clients do use that value and this makes "Create Room" fail.

I created a task for Vadim to check this out when he's back. Because there's a workaround, I hope the wait-time will be bearable.

We don't have a "Marco Polo"-alike tutorial for Construct so far, sorry. To get some amount of docs done, we write almost all in C# and hope it's easy enough to read and "port".

https://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtim ... time-intro

Maybe someone from the community can do a tutorial? We're happy to post and credit any tutorials the community creates.

• ThePhotons I actually just managed to get this all to work. Im now going to take 2dgamedev advise to smooth out the jitters with Lerp.

Once i've tested and checked all. I'm going to write a tutorial on how to create a TD based game ( or realtime shooter ) with Sync objects spawned. ( using pathfinding too )

The trick is to balance as much local logic to reduce the number of events sent.

• : Cool to read you made it! Tutorials are always very welcome. Let us know if you need more input.

• ThePhotons I will post it once i can get the performance beter. Sending across 50 objects X & Y for the non host to sync is difficult without lag. I might have to add some interpolation to get that smoothed out.

What would you advise for something like that? Send over X, Y for 30 Plus objects every 1 0r 2 secs?

Strange thing is using the construct MP plugin i dont have that problem but it doesnt support IOS .

• I have no insight what Construct is sending.

I guess it sends 5..20 updates per second and does some smoothing which fits your case well.

You can send x,y at least 10 times a second. At least, when the position changes. You can also send a direction/speed vector to allow smoothing should some update get lost or delayed (then the client can calculate where the object is going, based on this info).

For 50 objects, it might make sense to send just changed values. If the direction and speed does not change, you don't need to send position updates (e.g.), because the object moves in a predictable way.

• ThePhotons I will post it once i can get the performance beter. Sending across 50 objects X & Y for the non host to sync is difficult without lag. I might have to add some interpolation to get that smoothed out.

What would you advise for something like that? Send over X, Y for 30 Plus objects every 1 0r 2 secs?

Strange thing is using the construct MP plugin i dont have that problem but it doesnt support IOS .

It's better to send state changes than X/Y coordinates where possible. You mentioned you're using the pathfinding plugin, so doing something like syncing starting x/y, speed, angle, then sending another event when the object reaches the next pathfinding node with those same values, should send a lot less data and get things synced up faster.

• &ThePhotons Do you not have a Marco Polo Tutorial for Construct 2? Like you guys have for Unity?

Im struggling to sync objects created by the master. ( Host ) Any advice?

Im using pathfinding and getting them to sync is a NIGHTMARE! Thanks in advance.

How are you tracking which peer is the master/Host? I see that in the Photon docs but I don't see an even/action for it in the C2 plugin. Maybe I missed it? Or did you just create a room property?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi!

I've been faced the problem - black screen of death.

It's all okay when I run app using Construct2, but when I export html5 version and then upload it on google drive, it's impossible to see app because black screen only appears.

Problem disappears if I delete photon plugin.

HTML5 version here's:

goo.gl/SFy30x

CapX file here's:

goo.gl/z5YUt0

What app should do?

Just send number to all peers and show received number.

• ThePhotons is there a way to check who the master peer is at any time? I noticed the Unity Photon docs have PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient but I don't see an equivalent for C2.

• digitalsoapbox , you can send a message that only goes to the master , I just send a function call that only the master gets and make Host=1; incase the host leaves, OnLeave just send that master call and will transfer host to a different client ~~ Send types ( All , others , masterclient)

• Hi all,

This is Vadim again.

ThePhotons

Im having an issue .. if I join a room , then toggle IsOpen or isVisible , then leave the room and try to create a new room... I get this error and the room creation fails. but if i dont touch IsOpen or isVisible , i can join and leave and create as many rooms as I want

any ideas?

I used single client (slightly modified demo-test) and simple action sequence: create room -> set isVisible to false -> leave room -> create room. That worked fine for me. Can you please provide more details on how to reproduced it?

>

> > Hi guys i´m trying to use this plugin but having troubles with it. Could you guys help me? I am makina a multiplayer quiz with Photon. When a player logs in he goes to a main room where he could find other spare players in order to invite. When he invites another player and the other accepts, both are taken to a new room, just for them. This works fine in multiplayer plugin, but when trying to make it in photon (I first leave room and then, when i am in lobby again), the room is created but some seconds later i get an error 1003/ Server closed connection.

> >

> > Thank you for your help

> >

> This is due to a bug in leaving room logic in Photon js SDK. Fixed. Please download updated Scirra SDK version 4.0.0.1.

> Thanks for report.

>

I still seem to be getting the exact same bug with version 4.0.0.4. Did the fix possibly revert in the last patch?

The fix is still there. It may be another bug. I could not reproduce it by quickly leaving the room and joining back. Can you please send simple app reproducing the issue? What's in your browser console when this happens?

Hi!

I've been faced the problem - black screen of death.

It's all okay when I run app using Construct2, but when I export html5 version and then upload it on google drive, it's impossible to see app because black screen only appears.

Problem disappears if I delete photon plugin.

HTML5 version here's:

https://goo.gl/SFy30x

CapX file here's:

https://goo.gl/z5YUt0

What app should do?

Just send number to all peers and show received number.

When I run HTML5 versuin, I get errors in browser console:

Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:3 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://64d21b694948dcf0b8ea14978f9568fb0b1c9f82.googledrive.com/secure/AH5…k-X02ZN_wybPaNvb7ay9kOtN07ZticHA2_QdoM=/host/0B55PnHLHjkIGM2VOQmJoaENJYmM/' was loaded over HTTPS, but attempted to connect to the insecure WebSocket endpoint 'ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/'. This request has been blocked; this endpoint must be available over WSS.a.connect Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:3

Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:3 Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': An insecure WebSocket connection may not be initiated from a page loaded over HTTPS.

Try to switch Photon client to wss.

ThePhotons is there a way to check who the master peer is at any time? I noticed the Unity Photon docs have PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient but I don't see an equivalent for C2.

This is not implemented in Photon javascript client. To be done. For now you can consider the player with lowest actorid as master. This is not very reliable but should work in most cases.

digitalsoapbox , you can send a message that only goes to the master , I just send a function call that only the master gets and make Host=1; incase the host leaves, OnLeave just send that master call and will transfer host to a different client ~~ Send types ( All , others , masterclient)

Interesting idea. Should work too.

• ThePhotons Yeah, I've noticed it's a bit unreliable to just set it to the player with the lowest actorID. I've run into issues with it properly reassigning the master (to a room property) when a player shuts the game down without leaving the room. I'll try 2dgamedev suggestion, that sounds like it might be more reliable.

ThePhotons is there any kind of timetable for adding the check for the master client to the javascript client?

• [quote:3pjf0xw0]The fix is still there. It may be another bug. I could not reproduce it by quickly leaving the room and joining back. Can you please send simple app reproducing the issue? What's in your browser console when this happens?

ThePhotons

Sure, please put in your own AppID - https://we.tl/PGjJangeCB

When you run it, just Left Click and then wait at least 15 seconds (it works for a small amount of time before disconnecting, make sure the console is open).

First thing that will happen is the console will output "Error: 1003 Game server closed connection." and a few seconds later an ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.

Here is what my console reads:

Game: PhotonPeer[_dispatchPeerStatus] - No handler for  connecting registered.
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Client: State: JoinedLobby -> ConnectingToGameserver
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Master: Disconnected 
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Game: Connected 
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Game: Authenticate... 
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Game: Authenticated 
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Game: Connected 
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Client: State: ConnectingToGameserver -> ConnectedToGameserver
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Game: myActor:  [object Object](TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON)
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Client: State: ConnectedToGameserver -> Joined
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Game: Server closed connection 
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Client: State: Joined -> Error
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 Client: Error: 1003 Game server closed connectiona.log  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21a.error  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:20d._onErrorInternal  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:116(anonymous function)  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:108a._dispatch  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:16a._dispatchPeerStatus  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:17a._onDisconnect  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:15_socket.onclose  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:4
    preview_prelude.js:81 
    GET http://192.168.1.38:50000/_reloadpoll_?_=1470801229708 net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET[/code:3pjf0xw0]

The last line starting with GET continues repeating.
  • ThePhotons I'm running into the same issue as Badmiracle, with the exact same use case. If I leave the room visible/open, all is fine. If I change open state, I get what Photon is reporting as Error -2, with the message "Invalid type for property isOpen. Expected type System.Boolean but is System.Double."

• [quote:2ym4y1r5]The fix is still there. It may be another bug. I could not reproduce it by quickly leaving the room and joining back. Can you please send simple app reproducing the issue? What's in your browser console when this happens?

ThePhotons

Sure, please put in your own AppID - https://we.tl/PGjJangeCB

Thanks for detailed report and repro app.

This is another known issue. If client reconnects to game server within 10 sec. after leaving a room, game server disconnects client by timeout thinking that this is still old client connected.

Most likely this is because browser reuses connection when new websocket created. We are working on this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)