[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • I asked for browser log which may have more info than error popup you posted before.

Most likely you are trying to create a room while joined to a room (error states that client is not connected to master server required for room creation).

Leave room first.

• Thank you I agree with Flemming, we used it and has great functions in comparision with multiplayer C2 plugin. Much simpler and powerful, great support, and now getting to South America. I will use it in other multiplayer games.

• ThePhotons Is there a way to manually retrieve the room list? I see an "on room list" expression but no action to retrieve it.

• Photon server does not send room list on demand. Only when client connects or list is changed.

Cache what you receive in "on room list" and use cached value each time you want to manually retrieve room list.

• Photon server does not send room list on demand. Only when client connects or list is changed.

Cache what you receive in "on room list" and use cached value each time you want to manually retrieve room list.

Thanks for the info, and that's a great idea. I shouldn't work on multiplayer at 3am .

• How do i set "São Paulo" (South America) in the plugin?

• Guys, will this work with IOS and will it be difficult to move from the C2 multiplayer to this plugin?

• Nevermind, Got it working with both on IOS and Android. AWESOME plugin!

Does anybody know how to set it up with Pathfinding? I saw the tutorial on Platform but struggling to sync enemy TD based pathfinding to the peer.

• ThePhotons

Im having an issue .. if I join a room , then toggle IsOpen or isVisible , then leave the room and try to create a new room... I get this error and the room creation fails. but if i dont touch IsOpen or isVisible , i can join and leave and create as many rooms as I want

any ideas?

• > Hi guys i´m trying to use this plugin but having troubles with it. Could you guys help me? I am makina a multiplayer quiz with Photon. When a player logs in he goes to a main room where he could find other spare players in order to invite. When he invites another player and the other accepts, both are taken to a new room, just for them. This works fine in multiplayer plugin, but when trying to make it in photon (I first leave room and then, when i am in lobby again), the room is created but some seconds later i get an error 1003/ Server closed connection.

>

> Thank you for your help

>

This is due to a bug in leaving room logic in Photon js SDK. Fixed. Please download updated Scirra SDK version 4.0.0.1.

Thanks for report.

I still seem to be getting the exact same bug with version 4.0.0.4. Did the fix possibly revert in the last patch?

• Hi everyone! Here's Tobias writing. Vadim (who's our Contruct Master) is on vacation for two weeks. I will try to help where I can

if I join a room , then toggle IsOpen or isVisible , then leave the room and try to create a new room... I get this error and the room creation fails

The image tells me that the value of IsVisible somehow turns into a "double" instead of the expected "boolean" (being true or false). Can't say what's happening here. Maybe you check which value you assign to IsVisible, when you do?

andykenobi: The region code is "sa". How do you set the other regions? Maybe we have to edit "sa" into a list of regions (there was no update since we added the region).

I'll try to figure out. Maybe someone else can help right away?

Badmiracle: I will take a note and have to ask Vadim when he's back. This requires some knowledge about the versions since 4.0.0.1.

Can you work with 4.0.0.1 for a while longer?

• ThePhotons Hey Tobias , thanks for the response but Im not sure its something I'm doing seeing as Construct 2 bascially doesnt allow you to "fuckup" writing syntax ~

I,only have yes or no as my choices, now i spent almost the entire day and I have found a solution albiet a really stupid one.. and I understand the bug a little more ~

so heres how it goes down : the Host can shut the room. this breaks all the clients in the room except the host . the host is fine. If any client leaves , he can not make a game until he toggles the IsOpen boolen , ( doesnt even matter if hes in a room or not ) and that fixes the error and hes free to create games again .. i think whatever the host sends the clients to tell them to shut the room has a bug in it

heres the code that lets me once agian create rooms with a broken client

^ if the above image is huge , open it in a new tab.. its scaling strange in the forum

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • &ThePhotons Do you not have a Marco Polo Tutorial for Construct 2? Like you guys have for Unity?

Im struggling to sync objects created by the master. ( Host ) Any advice?

Im using pathfinding and getting them to sync is a NIGHTMARE! Thanks in advance.

• , send destination coordinates , and lerp the objects to those coordinates

aka

send the coordinates to variables called badguy.destinationX and badguy.destinationY , then lerp the current position to the destination , it will smooth out the jitters of hard coord sets

lerp(badguy.x,badguy.destinationX,0.2)

lerp(badguy.y,badguy.destinationY,0.2)

• 2dgamedev Thanks for that. Ill have a look at lerp.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)