[PLUGIN] Paster

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Fixed the "paste object" action. It was a typo. Now it also uses an object's bounding box to cull instead of it's collision polygon.

Did the preliminaries for pasting objects with effects and transparency. Not working quite right for some reason, but it'll have to do for now. A side effect is paster object's now need twice as much vram.

The internal process is:

1. draw to a blank off-screen texture with an effect.

2. draw that texture to the paster's texture with opacity.

• Awesome. Question: does it draw to the same size rectangle as the paster object or the object that is being pasted in? If the answer is paster, could it become the pastee?

I'm just assuming that the base object will nearly always be larger than what is being pasted in, so it would make sense to make a pastee sized object as the temp.

• Somebody

It uses a texture the same size as the paster object's texture. It's simpler since it can be created once. If the size of the object being pasted in was used the texture would have to be created and destroyed per object pasted. Also it would crash if you tried to paste in an object larger than the supported texture size.

That being said, I'll probably make it so the second texture will only be created once an object with an effect is pasted to save memory when it's not needed.

• Thanks for the thorough explanation, R0J0 (man, your name is hard to type out). I'll make sure to test the new version with shaders (in a day or two), there was some weirdness there recently (color shifts on edges), perhaps it's fixed by this addition as well.

• Drawing with effects is currently an incomplete hybrid of how c2 internally draws them. The edge problem likely isn't fixed. The plugin needs to set the proper bounds for drawing.

I initially had o's instead of zeros in my username, but I lost the password and no longer had that email. It only has maybe 3 posts, and I imagine is a pm graveyard.

• Take a look

I'm not sure which is best plugin to use Paster or Canvas, I was wondering why paster won't paste corpses and blood in background besides canvas worked for me. I'm just asking for your opinion.

• Take a look

I'm not sure which is best plugin to use Paster or Canvas, I was wondering why paster won't paste corpses and blood in background besides canvas worked for me. I'm just asking for your opinion.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/649855

It's using two Pasters in the background. One for blood and one for bullet holes. There are no problems at all. Game runs fine on desktop (chrome, firefox, NW) and on Android Crosswalk (tested mainly on my Samsung Galaxy S3)

• shinkan

Your page looks like

http://i.imgur.com/9vXelyF.png

It doesn't show a live example to me. anyway, I made a .capx using one paster, why would use 2 pasters? It would consume more memory, I wish there are special particle conditions like on particle end or something else, I made ugly condition.

• R0J0hound Thanks you are always comes up gem

• shinkan

Your page looks like

http://i.imgur.com/9vXelyF.png

It doesn't show a live example to me. anyway, I made a .capx using one paster, why would use 2 pasters? It would consume more memory, I wish there are special particle conditions like on particle end or something else, I made ugly condition.

Looks like game window is not showing for you... [attachment=0:yu3m10f3]gps.PNG[/attachment:yu3m10f3]

Why 2 pasters? because you can't do everything with only one paster. And one more paster don't take a lot of extra memory.

• shinkan I swear it won't show to me, I don't know what's the problem, didn't you filter something like countries or something else?

Anyway, would you explain what is the point to use 2 pasters as bullet hole and other is blood? they say single texture with overlapping pasted objects is better. I tried it with one paster, bullet hole and blood spray work, however use 2 pasters it's used for timing on your design, does it make sense?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Joannesalfa Have no idea why it's not showing for you :/ We got some users reporting black screen only (game not starting) but it was all related to old drivers and in most cases solved. But must say you are the first one to not be able to see the game window at all, congrats I guess

The idea behind two pasters is quite straightforward. When firing, bullet holes are only created when they hit the empty ground and never on the bodies (which is visible on the image - there are no bullet holes on blood or bodies) - that was a requirement I had to do from the guy who wrote gameplay mechanics. To do that I had to use 2 pasters simply because you can't paste objects below already pasted objects and you can't test collisions between sprites and pasted objects.

• rojohound

I have a system which loads my sprites dynamically from a Database, so the images of my sprites will eventually change but have the same URLs, is it possible to make paster always load this images from the server without caching them?

• All the plugin does is load an url. Any caching is completely out of it's control as far as I know.

• rojohound thanks for reply

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)