[Plugin] Matcher

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • ...i guess that you have some "principle" to actually not want to fix my capx but rather giving me the clues, only in this case what ever i try is not working for me...

• rexrainbow

Hello... some help needed again

how can i expand my board in size?

I am trying simple system create object but it seems like board logic then changes to only new tiles?

• irina

"Action:Set board width", "Action:Set board height" in board object

• Update

Fix bug when the compared symbols are more then 1 character.

And add "," to separate the symbols in 1d pattern mode, like "aa,bb,cc".

Older format is still existed, i.e pattern "000" is equal to "0,0,0".

• rexrainbow - Of course I need your help once again! lol I've taken some interest in this plugin, but before I delve any deeper into it I would like to know about it.

1. What is the max amount of symbols a match can have? After reading through this board, I noticed 1 post said 5, but I don't recall it saying that what the max.

2. Is there a way to detect if 2 different symbol sets have a match from the same swap? As you many already know from our discussions about your board plugins, I am making a game that allows an entire row to be moved and I need to be able to detect if multiple matches were made from the same "move".

3. Will the new wrap feature of your board plugin have any affect on a match that's at the edge of the Board if there is another chess at the opposing edge that possesses the same symbol?

• iwontnamemyself

A1. you could set any positive number for matching.

A2. I don't get it. Please post an example.

A3. I had updated this plugin yesterday and test successfully in wrapped board in 1d pattern. I will fix this plugin for 2d pattern on wrapped board.

• rexrainbow - In my game, the minimum match size is going to be 4. In this image, the logical row 2 is being shifted to the right. If the squares were to be dropped in the next square, so that blue has 4 vertical matches and red has 7 clumped together. This would invoke a combo score.

As you can see, there really isn't a target chess to focus the matcher on, so I'm not sure how to get this to work. I would love to use it though cuz I've been racking by brain to try and come up with a matching algorithm.

• iwontnamemyself

Interesting, I could make a capx for this case.

• rexrainbow - That would be extremely helpful, thank you!

• iwontnamemyself

The problem is - chess in boundary will be moved out of board, then moved into board for wrapping. A chess could not be shown at both two sides in the same time. So that the moving distance will be longer then other chess.

You could

1. wait the wrapped chess (Capx, 5x5 board). or

2. add two hidden row/col at boundary (capx, 7x7 board). But it will rise other problems.

• rexrainbow - I think there might have been a miscommunication somewhere. I already have the wrap create. It works with touch and gridmove. The image I posted is of a row in motion. When the touch event ends the squares will snap to the closest tile, so if the row was moved just a little further to the right, when released it would snap to the overlapped tile. The LX sets to the new locations. My question is, will matcher detect the red and blue matches during the same iteration, so I could invoke a combo score, or will matcher register them at separate times, making it impossible for a 2 color combo match?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • iwontnamemyself

Matcher could not do "Picking clumped objects". Use rex_SLGmovement plugin like this capx.

• rexrainbow - I looked into slgMovementa little bit and it definitely looks like I could use it. Is there a way to get the match to ignore the sprites on the other side of the board though? I don't want the match itself to be wrapped.

• iwontnamemyself

I had added an "Action:Set wrap mode" to enable/disable "Wrap" property in rex_board plugn. You might set it before picking or moving.

• rexrainbow - good call! thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)