[PLUGIN] Google Map

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • brill301 this is not possible - Sprites are drawn on canvas, not google map

• I have a problem where it keeps centering the map on the user location.

• I have a problem where it keeps centering the map on the user location.

do you mean, as the user is moving in real life the map updates automatically? Or, the user moves the map, and it reverts back to the user location automatically?

Had anyone successfully overplayed sprites on the map?

You cannot in a construct sprites sense. What are you trying to accomplish?

• I mean that when I zoom in it centers the marker of the persons location in the middle.

Actually I got it figured out, I was making it create new markers every tick.

• Would it be possible to allow us to move where the object is? Also after deleting the map object I have to create it twice or else it won't show up.

• I haven't gotten a response so I will re-phrase, when I switch layers I have to create another map object or else the map will not show.

• lunears

I'll take a look - Just be aware I'm not working on Windows anymore, only on OSX.

Since C2 is not supported on mac, I can't support my plugin regularly anymore - I take a look when I'll switch to my windows partition though.

• Okay thank you!

• I haven't gotten a response so I will re-phrase, when I switch layers I have to create another map object or else the map will not show.

it has been awhile since I used this plugin, but is it global? can you make it global? I slightly remember something about persisting the google map across layers and it fixed the dissapearing issue for me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Make it global? Never tried that, but I will.

Edit: It worked! Thank you so much! It took less than 10 seconds to fix.

Also how would I add points from a file?

• Make it global? Never tried that, but I will.

Edit: It worked! Thank you so much! It took less than 10 seconds to fix.

Also how would I add points from a file?

Glad it worked It was awhile since I used the plugin so it was a bit of a long shot lol

As for adding points, I believe you would have to load the file with AJAX then put the data into an array perhaps? What kind of file is it? If its CSV there is a plugin to do CSV to array IIRC.

Then just loop through the array adding the points (the google map plugin should have a add point at x,y).

I might be confusing the google map plugin functionality with my own additions...so if the add point by x,y is not there let me know.

• There is only add marker by coordinates no x,y.

• lunears

when I said X, Y, I meant coordinates (lat and long).

are you saying your file with locations does not contain latitudes and longitudes? If so, what does it have?

• oh okay, My file contains lat and long for each location I want to add.

• So do you mean add the file into an array and then add the array into the map?

Also how could I center the map on a point that isn't the user's location?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)