[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi rexrainbow I have a question about a possible use case for your firebase plugin.

Ive been looking into using AdWords to drive installs of my game on iOS. Part of the process is 'tracking conversions', that is if someone actually installs my game on their iOS device after clicking one of my ads, that counts as a conversion.

So apparently I can use firebase to track installs / conversions on iOS devices.

Would I be able to use your Firebase plugin to set something like that up?

References from AdWords documentation:

Track iOS app conversions

Track mobile app conversions with Firebase

• Artpunk

Here is a link of features of firebase, you could find that "AdWords" or "AdMob" does not support in javascript SDK. Therefore I could not add these kind of features in plugin.

• Ah ok thanks rex.

• rexrainbow

Hi rex, I'm just starting to try your itemtable plugins, but don't quite understand how to begin with. I've tried some of your samples but got this error instead:

Javascript error!
    Uncaught Error: No Firebase App '[DEFAULT]' has been created - call Firebase App.initializeApp().http://localhost:50000/firebase.js, line 26 (col 293)[/code:3g7rxjso]
    What am I doing wrong?

I have the exact same problem... Why is this happening? How do I fix it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • guannstar

Try filling property "Api key" in rex_firebase_apiV3 plugin.

• rexrainbow nice plugin! Just one question and sorry in advance if this was already dicussed in this topic, but how do I use the events feature that the firebase console has withthin C2? And if anybody could point me a good tutorial on how to use the Firebase console properly that would be awesome. And does this plugin is supported in cocoon.io ? Thanks

• Draconiz717

1. What is "firebase console"?

2. Sorry I did not export to mobile app before.

• rexrainbow

Thanks for the quick reply. So I hope I´m not misunderstanding everything here, but I thought that this firebase you guys are talking about is Google´s Firebase App Analytics

https://console.firebase.google.com/, which (if i´m not mistaken) is the new Google Analytics tool for mobile apps. But since you did not exported for mobile apps I think this is not the case

• Draconiz717

In this feature list, firebase analytics does not have javascript Api, thus I did not have any plugin for this feature.

• rexrainbow Oh I see, thanks for the reply! Does anyone happen to know any other way that I can use analytics on my construct 2 games? Thanks

• Hi, I would like to know if I can show current Rank for particular player without login (with anonymous login).

I have a small game with leaderboards using just names, withnout registration. When you beat the game, it asks you for your nickname and save your high score in database. Then the game displays top 3 players and thats it.

My idea is to display also the player's score, like this.

1. Mike 8651

2. Josh 6585

3. Lucy 1589

-------------------------

72. You 542

Is it possible with this plugin? If so, how?

Thanks

• mikva

It is not necessary to login when getting scores (update ranks), just call "Action:Update all" to get all ranks under "Condition:On update". See document, section "Update scores".

You might use name string to be userID.

• It works! Thank you. I did use name as userID but somehow I thought that "UserID2Rank" works only when properly logged in, I probably made some mistake the first time I tried that.

Amazing plugin

• rexrainbow Hi, thanks for all your contributions. It's really a great job on developing all those plugins. I have a question does this plugin work on mobile apps? I would like to setup user login with my game. If yes, do I need to add plugin in Intel XDK? (I build game on Intet XDK).

• You might find that I did not make mobile app, only tested on pc, or mobile's browser.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)