[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Yep, that is what I call an elegant solution.

Excellent work.

• jomo had wrote a tutorial for installing parse server on heroku platfrom.

• Hi Rex, is there a way to search for a key or value in firebase without knowing if they exist? It seems the plugins crash when searching. I tried the query and filter plugins. Any ideas?

I'm want to use fb for one user to enter a title (fb key) and text (fb value). Then enable another user to search for the title. If the title exists, I'd like the second user to download the text linked to the title.

Thanks

• Update - rex_firebase_query plugin, add "Action:Order by value".

hmott

Since the data structure in firebase is dictionary, add the key in path will get the respond value if the key is exited.

To search keys which has a specific value, you could use "Action:Order by value" ( sorry I had missed this action ),

[quote:2w6fzlo1]create query

order by value

equal to -

then a 1d dictionary will be received.

• Update - rex_firebase_query plugin, add "Action:Order by value".

hmott

Since the data structure in firebase is dictionary, add the key in path will get the respond value if the key is exited.

To search keys which has a specific value, you could use "Action:Order by value" ( sorry I had missed this action ),

[quote:2bsr330t]create query

order by value

equal to -

then a 1d dictionary will be received.

Thanks for such a quick update!

• Hi,

I've got the following problem with Parse. What I want to accomplish is to fetch a random user for whom the column "ready" is set to "yes". The itemtable plugin works well, and I can fetch the current user fields no problem. However this doesn't work:

The notifications should display the fetched user's username (itemtable.LastFetchedItemContent("username")) but only show 0. Why is that?

• pirx

Expression:LastFetchedItemContent is used after "Read by object ID".

See the "Retrieve items" section to retrieve rows -

+ (itemtable) Condition:On received

+ (itemtable) Condition:For each item

• (browser: log) (itemtable) Expression:CurItemContent
  • Having some trouble querying by value. I keep getting this error:

http://postimg.org/image/ijdesneq1

Here's the code I'm using (see 3rd image that define variable names):

http://postimg.org/image/rsrflnxij

Here's the firebase data:

http://postimg.org/image/rakdnjhxj

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hmott

Update rex_firebase_query plugin, and

Here is a sample capx, remember fill your firebase url in "BASE" constant value.

I only could prove this order by value is worked, but I don't know why it is failed in your case, this bug should not appear imo.

• pirx

Expression:LastFetchedItemContent is used after "Read by object ID".

See the "Retrieve items" section to retrieve rows -

+ (itemtable) Condition:On received

+ (itemtable) Condition:For each item

- (browser: log) (itemtable) Expression:CurItemContent

Thank you rexrainbow, it works great!

• hmott

Update rex_firebase_query plugin, and

Here is a sample capx, remember fill your firebase url in "BASE" constant value.

I only could prove this order by value is worked, but I don't know why it is failed in your case, this bug should not appear imo.

I don't understand... I updated the plugin and tried the sample file you provided.

The only thing I changed was the BASE url like you instructed. Writing to my database from your sample file works, but the query function is in error.

Here's the code that makes the error:

Does it work for you?

*** Update ***

I've been able to get it to work if searching for the key ("a" through "d" in your example). Also, adding the "Data is null" condition triggers correctly when searching for non-existing key "e", for example.

Attached is a screenshot of what does work (when BASE url filled in: https://<appname>.firebaseio.com).

http://postimg.org/image/4mh8nxv6r

This is good enough for me. Even if I can't search for value, I can at least define and search for the key whether it exists or not. I can then use another query call to get the value if needed.

Thanks again for your help.

• hmott

Could you paste the error message of using "order by value"? Is it the same as previous testing from your post?

• hmott

Could you paste the error message of using "order by value"? Is it the same as previous testing from your post?

I've updated the post with the error and the code that creates it. Hope it helps.

• hmott

Try re-download rex_firebase plugin again. I am not sure why the function could not be found in your environment.

• hmott

Try re-download rex_firebase plugin again. I am not sure why the function could not be found in your environment.

That did it!

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)