[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Implement a customizable array-based achievement system with the fully-commented template.
  • Hi austin, thank you for the example.

Now it?s showing me the message "Game Key Error!

Game not found" on the upper right corner of the page.

I?ve copied the secret key from the api page on the clay.io object and used the leaderboard ID on the leaderboar events.

Do you have any clue what I?m doing wrong? ;]

I?m using R99 by the way.

• I?ve figured what I was doing wrong: I was using the secret key when I was supposed to use the subdomain/game key instead. ;]

Maybe it would be better to make the difference between the two things clearer. ;P

Anyway, thank you for the plugin, I?m very excited about the possibilities!

• 1) As of right now you have to override our CSS on your page. Our CSS stylesheet is inserted after the first <script> tag, so as long as you have your CSS after the first <script> tag in index.html, all of our stuff should get overridden.

Chrome's dev tools/firebug will be your best friend for this, but the structure for achievements is:

.clay-achievement

.clay-achievement-header

.clay-achievement-content

(if there's an icon for the achievement you'll have these as well)

.clay-achievement-icon

.clay-achievement-description

(endif)

.clay-achievement-close

2) The payment API being integrated into the plugin is on the todo list. I've integrated "Show all achievements" and updated the plugin with it

3) Encryption isn't possible right now. I'm not familiar enough with Construct 2 to know if you can create a backend for your game. So long as you have a backend, you'll be able to. Perhaps there's a way to get it working well with the AJAX plugin, I'll have to take a look

4) Fixed (no need to update the plugin for this fix to work)

Thank you for the answers! I copied the structure of notification window.

Actually i still don't see an action about "Show all Achivements"

• Sheepy I've updated the game settings page to make that more clear, thanks for pointing it out

Hmm, yes it would seem I didn't upload the file to the correct spot - download again here

• I?m having a blast experimenting with the features from clay.io, awesome work!

Just a couple questions:

1- Will there be a way to post the canvas screenshot to facebook?

2 - Is there any way to make a facebook login page that isn?t a pop-up? The facebook pop-up is being blocked here by chrome.

• 1) There already is a way and documentation is under the "EXPRESSIONS" section under screenshots. So you would have an event with the Clay.io condition "screenshot taken" and action post to Facebook - then for the picture field, use the Clay.io expression Screenshot SRC"

2) I think it is possible, I've added that to my todo list

• awesome plugin. would be good if payment and room systems are also implemented.

thank you for the great plugin.

• Will the payment-api compatible or integrate with Facebook?

C2 games can already be published on FB and all kinds of mobile appstore,

if Clay.io's payment api can integrate anyone of them,

it will be a great chance of monetisation for C2 developers and Clay.io.

Great work and thanks of the plugin!

• The payment API doesn't work with Facebook credits at the moment, but it's definitely on our todo list

• looks like a really nice plugin and I am testing it at the moment... one weird problem (not with the Plugin, but with your Page). I have created a game, but I can't change any settings, archivements, items or whatever... it is the same page every time.

• Can you PM me what the URL is that keeps showing for you?

• austin - Wow, excellent work! I've been trying to implement something with MySQL and PHP, but it looks like you've saved me a lot of trouble! :)

Just out of curiosity, what will your pricing model look like moving forward?

• We take 20% of any revenue generated through Clay.io (both on sales of your game, and in game purchases using our payments API). If your game is completely free, our service is completely free.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I updated the plugin again, it turns out it still wasn't working quite right when the game was minified (it only appeared to work correctly because it the unminified version was being stored in app cache, which clearing browser cache doesn't catch).

It should work properly for exporting and minifying now.

• I updated the plugin again, it turns out it still wasn't working quite right when the game was minified (it only appeared to work correctly because it the unminified version was being stored in app cache, which clearing browser cache doesn't catch).

It should work properly for exporting and minifying now.

Nice, i would like to try Payment API when it's done.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)