[PLUGIN] Canvas

From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • RBuster

So it doesn't load if the canvas is in a family, and on on safari? I guess I never tested that. I'm not sure I'll get around to finding a fix.

Yes, R0J0hound

Do you know other alternative than family I can use with canvas? I am using more than 60 canvas objects and I need to control all of them sometimes.

• RBuster

I don't apart from duplicating events. The plugin is probably causing a hang due to the family and I'd guess it would happen in other browsers.

I don't have the canvas plugin installed currently and haven't made any time to work on plugins. However I seem to recall a similar problem with another plugin. The solution as I recall is to find the "typeProto.onCreate" function in the runtime and adding an if to stop the function if it's a family.

typeProto.onCreate = function()
    	{
    		if (this.is_family)
    			return;[/code:1e6bs3fc]
    Maybe that will fix it.
  • RBuster

I don't apart from duplicating events. The plugin is probably causing a hang due to the family and I'd guess it would happen in other browsers.

I don't have the canvas plugin installed currently and haven't made any time to work on plugins. However I seem to recall a similar problem with another plugin. The solution as I recall is to find the "typeProto.onCreate" function in the runtime and adding an if to stop the function if it's a family.

typeProto.onCreate = function()
    	{
    		if (this.is_family)
    			return;[/code:24eup63i]
    Maybe that will fix it.

Thanks, R0J0hound but it not worked. I decided to create an event for each canvas object and now the game is working in the Safari too.

I am wondering know how can I get the JSON of the canvas. I know that is possible but I really don't know how to get it. Could you give some help with this?

Thanks in advance.

• You can get the json of the canvas with the canvas.asJson expression.

• using canvas plugin i draw line, can i apply physics behaviour to line. if not how to draw a line and apply physics behaviout to it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • how to apply physics behaviour to the line draw using canvas plugin.

• how to apply physics behaviour to the line draw using canvas plugin.

Please don't bump your own post after just 20 minutes.

The users who usually offer help come from many different time zones, so a little patience is required.

It is generally accepted that a 'bump' is OK if you have not had a response after 24 hours.

Thanks.

• If you want a line with physics then instead of using this plugin use a Sprite to be your line.

Make the origin on the sprite on the center left. Then position the sprite to the first point. Then set its angle toward the second point and make its width the distance between the two points. The height of the Sprite is the line thickness.

• thanks for ur reply. i used these steps in my game. but using this we can make only straight line. in my game i have to draw lines of different shape and angles. like curves ...

• A curve can be approximated by a bunch of lines so you either can do that or another way would be to use a tilemap with 1x1 tiles.

If you make the size the same as the canvas and loop overall the pixels and set the tile if it's a certain color after a pretty good delay you'll have it colliding with what you drew.

• The download link for the plugin does not seem to be working for me. Not sure if it's a dropbox issue or if there's an issue with the file but I would like to download this plugin if someone could assist me.

• The download link for the plugin does not seem to be working for me. Not sure if it's a dropbox issue or if there's an issue with the file but I would like to download this plugin if someone could assist me.

The dropbox download links are still working - I've just tested them both successfully.

• It isn't working for me as well.

I tried on Edge, FireFox and Chrome.

I even tried opening Internet Explorer but it just crashed...

• If you are referring to the first post by R0J0hound on page 1 of the canvas.zip dropbox link then it is still working for me - downloaded and unzipped fine.

Don't know what else to say. Maybe R0J0 can provide an alternative link.

Are there any messages in the browser error console?

• I am only getting

"Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead."

I used different browsers, disabled addons, turned off or disabled security programs, cleared cache, cookies, history and restarted computer.

I can download the Capx, but I can't the Plugin.

The browser acts like it is trying to call the download window, but it is as if it can't grab the handle.

All I can think of is maybe DropBox did something that only effects some users, or maybe bad cache for a few of us.

Maybe if we wait a while the Cron will run and clean up..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)