Babylon3D: Standard Edition

From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • 1- Create a mesh instance for the worm

2- Apply a skeleton behavior to the mesh

3- Create animation range

4- Play it

I saw that the Skeleton behavior belonged to a mesh category (which is why i said that it kinda' didn't make sense during my tests).

The reason for saying this is that the SkeletonCreateAnimRange function needed to access the mesh.skeleton data. A null value was being returned, thus throwing the JS error, meaning that the mesh object (of mesh.skeleton) needed to refer to the root level of the model file as the "skeletons" property resided there.

Strange that the Scene object, which already has the full model data to begin with, couldn't simply be re-used (note that I prefer loading an entire scene with models, anims etc.). The above solution only loads an instance of the worm.js file into a separate OBJ-JS Mesh so as to circumvent the JS error.

Anyway, I'll take that solution (maybe). Many thanks!

Testing...

• Whats the name you have given to the worm mesh ?

X3M The mesh names are from the green tip with the eyes to the blue tail:

cy0, cy1, cy2, cy3, cy4, cy5

All of them are children of "Armature".

• This time i'm not was talking about clone objects in realtime and control them, i guess you refer to gamecorpstudio. I'm talking about duplicate objects in the C2 layout to create my level from scratch and after that in events set actions that affects to all the duplicates, that can be items like coins, diamonds,etc... without use MeshArrays, loopindex, duplicate events and all that.

As you can see in the video i have in the C2 layout a level designed with duplicated items to pick. This trick only works for NewMesh.Objects not for cloned in realtime or scenes from 3D editors, as i said i prefer do all in C2 also i guess will works for Obj-Js.mesh or i hope.

i was talking about duplicates also. maybe i talked weird.

(but live duplicates in B3D is made with mesh.array thats what i was trying to say. i can work with it no problem, its still low resource consumption, just its better to have individual duplicates in stead of clones. (they sound the same, they are not entirely))

• The clones issue is solved in 0.6, you can now duplicate meshes from the C2 event using System->Create object

fuego96 Well I've noticed two things :

1- The worm.babylon is a scene file and not a single model file, when opened, I saw a camera and a light alongside the skeleton, which should not be the case for a single mesh.

2- Armature or Skin rigging should be applied to one mesh which should have a name so you could reference it in C2.

I'll post examples as soon as I upload 0.6

• The clones issue is solved in 0.6, you can now duplicate meshes from the C2 event using System->Create object

that is awesome

• matriax It would've been possible if C2 had a text editor property. I really like the idea of a pasting text instead of loading external files, it would be awesome for people to share 3D models just by copying pasting stuff. But unfortunatly, for now, its not possible.

X3M Talked with Rexrainbow about the text editor property, i guess you mean in the field there is no "NEWLINE" so you can't paste all the info because this field only gets one line string.

Maybe i found a solution, i opened the .obj and .mtl file and wrap all content in a single line using UltraEdit, saved and imported into C2 and the model and their material are still loaded correctly(Removing previously any #coment). So when you go to copy the .obj/.mtl you only need to wrap into a line.

Is there any other problem or with this can works?

• X3M Just FYI, I've created an anim via NewScene and OBJJS-Mesh as per your previous instructions and here's the error.

I've double-checked my model and bones many times. Even tested it in pure BJS without problems.

http://crxmedia.com:9180/test/anim

(The skeleton is indeed driving the worm mesh)

It is understood that by B3D version 0.6 it would be working better, but just know that the (OBJJS-Mesh, Babylon Skeleton) "Create animation range named..." action currently doesn't work. Looking forward to version 0.6 (really need skeletal animation).

• Just got this plugin, having a hard time figuring out how positioning camera and meshes works. When I import a scene in from Blender the camera is zoomed in and I'm trying to re position it to the orthographic/isometric camera I was using in Blender, but can't for the life of me figure it out. Even if I set a mesh at 0,0,0, then the camera 0,0-10 I don't see anything. Are the cord different than normal 3d positioning?

• Just got this plugin, having a hard time figuring out how positioning camera and meshes works. When I import a scene in from Blender the camera is zoomed in and I'm trying to re position it to the orthographic/isometric camera I was using in Blender, but can't for the life of me figure it out. Even if I set a mesh at 0,0,0, then the camera 0,0-10 I don't see anything. Are the cord different than normal 3d positioning?

twg You attached the camera to controls? In this case if you move around with the keys and rotate the camera with mouse can you see anything?

Also have you tried the examples of the first post to know how the camera and mesh object works?

Or try to put in the camera z position 500 or -500 or in the target 0,0,0 set 0,720,0 or whatever at the start in case the camera is set clockwise or something.

• ...@twg You attached the camera to controls? In this case if you move around with the keys and rotate the camera with mouse can you see anything?

twg Ditto what matriax said. It's likely just behind the camera (if you didn't get any errors). Also just in case it's a lack of lighting or lack of texturing issue, set the Scene object's debug enabled property to True. During your preview, the debug options will appear and allow you to set the rendering mode to wireframe. And to see if your mesh exists in the scene at all, checkmark the "Mesh Tree" option.

• It seems really cool and powerful, great work! : )

• 1- Create a mesh instance for the worm

2- Apply a skeleton behavior to the mesh

3- Create animation range

4- Play it

1- Create a mesh instance for the worm - newmesh object place it to screen layout.

2- Apply a skeleton behavior to the mesh - this goes to newmesh palced to screen layout

3- Create animation range - this is why i asked for cloned live.... anyway just use the system condition "For " in the name of loop type your animation example

for "swirl"
       from index 0 

to index 20              

[/code:zzwrqa5z]

4- Play it   - action - newmesh play animation
  • X3M Issue report.

The behavior of Mesh.MeshSetRotation() is the same as Mesh.RotateMeshBy().

I need a mesh to follow the exact orientation of another mesh with every tick. But MeshSetRotation() adds to the previous angular values, just like RotateMeshBy().

Is this normal?

(Or is there a way that I have yet to pick up on?)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • X3M Issue report.

I am getting zero values for Mesh.MeshPosX, Y and Z -- again.

You've made fixes to this before in v0.4 but were somehow not applied to v0.5. Here's a hint.

(The screenshot above are the runtime.js for the plugins MeshArray and Mesh respectively)

Please do have this in v0.6

• fuego96 Thanks for the report, I will make sure to go over all functions once I finished the laser-decals behavior and the 3d sound plugin

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)